Linkages and Consciousness

Discussion concerning the first major re-evaluation of Dewey B. Larson's Reciprocal System of theory, updated to include counterspace (Etheric spaces), projective geometry, and the non-local aspects of time/space.
bperet

Post by bperet »

Gopi wrote:
Perhaps this could mean that the 'motion' and 'linkage' are two reciprocal aspects of Free Will?
Precisely... the power of creation! Free will can create "things" (motion) or "activities" (linkage--connecting things).
Every dogma has its day...
bperet

Re: Linkage reciprocity

Post by bperet »

Gopi wrote:
I had been pondering about the linkage concept… if linkage is similar to motion, then it must have the deviations from ‘unit-linkage’ too. If this linkage is, for the sake of a hypothesis, existing in reciprocal aspects, thought and feeling, then we can have:

Rational linkages: Thought/feeling

A-rational linkages: Feeling/thought
I would go with the A-rational (irrational) as sensation/intuition, making thought/feeling the "inward" sense, and sensation/intuition the "outward" sense.

Then, the material expression would be sensation/thought, and the cosmic expression, intuition/feeling.
bperet

Post by bperet »

Gopi wrote:
bperet wrote:
Thus, the simplest motions should demonstrate the most chaotic linkages.
Yes, appears to make sense. Sort of like the concepts of entropy and inverse entropy in the material and cosmic sectors. As the effects of the linkages manifest themselves, we get the increased interconnections along with the inverse entropy. Hence, in other words, we 'evolve'.
Here's another thought on linkages, inspired by Gopi's comment on connections and evolution:

We know from Larson's work that only the net magnitude of motion can be transmitted across the unit boundary. Directional information is lost in the crossing. For example, the coordinate time structure inside the time region is perceived only as a single magnitude, the atomic number. All the temporal orientation is lost.

Linkages, being the inverse of "motion", should therefore have reciprocal properties to motion. As we have seen with space and counterspace, where "out" becomes "in" and "bounded" becomes "unbounded", the linkage should therefore have the property of transmitting direction across the unit boundary, and losing all "magnitude" information.

So we have found yet another type of geometric "reciprocal relationship":

Motion: transmits magnitude, blocks direction = "local" structure.

Linkage: transmits direction, blocks magnitude = "non-local" structure.

Starts to make a lot of sense when you think about how non-locality works. Its effect is "infinite"--no loss of magnitude, because "magnitude" is not a transmitted property of linkage. And only the orientation is affected.

The books Dan sent me on counterspace included works on the "plant" being a linkage between the material and cosmic sectors, namely Larson's "life unit." The basic shapes of plant structures, seeds, flowers, leaf patterns and branches can be derived using the intersection of rectangular and polar geometries -- the geometric conjugates between the material and cosmic sectors.

For the system to work, it required "linkages" to map directional information between the two geometries, producing a recursive heirarchy of structure. The authors would just pick points, and demonstrate how the patterns would be extracted.

Now we see that the linkages, which transmit direction only, are therefore scale variant, since there is no "magnitude"--the same patterns can be used at any scale, and would easily produce recursive heirarchies--scaled versions of the same pattern, like a Mandelbrot set.

It will take me a while to work out the projective invariants of the non-local (polar) strata, but a quick look at the Euclidean version:

Euclidean (local): scale invariant, fixed at unity; length and direction variant.

Polar Euclidean (non-local): scale variant; length and direction invariant.

Thus, the non-local form of linkage would appear locally as a series of fixed "patterns", to which life units (being a connection between the local and non-local) would conform to, more commonly known as "archetypal" patterns--molds or templates for manifestation.

This is probably the basis of the "3rd world" that Anthroposophy and I believe Theosophy speaks of, that contains the "molds" to form the shapes we see, here in the 1st world.

This also brings up an interesting philosophical point. If non-locality is, indeed, infinite, then the life patterns we see here on Earth will be available EVERYWHERE in the Universe, and any planet with similar conditions where life can form, will produce the SAME living structures we see here on Earth, slightly adjusted for differences in the environment.

So any Earth-type planet should have Earth-type archetypal life: oak trees, elephants, whales... and even humans. Interesting thought, isn't it?
Gopi

Post by Gopi »

bperet wrote:
If non-locality is, indeed, infinite, then the life patterns we see here on Earth will be available EVERYWHERE in the Universe, and any planet with similar conditions where life can form, will produce the SAME living structures we see here on Earth, slightly adjusted for differences in the environment.
Since linkage is one of the aspects of free will, is it not possible to vary the archetypes through free will itself? The similarity should be within the limitations of the domain of free will of any Being... sub-logos, Logos, and beyond.

Cheers,

Gopi
bperet

Post by bperet »

Gopi wrote:
Since linkage is one of the aspects of free will, is it not possible to vary the archetypes through free will itself? The similarity should be within the limitations of the domain of free will of any Being... sub-logos, Logos, and beyond.
Superb observation, Gopi! I believe you hit that right on the mark. Non-local expression will be limited to the Logos, not infinity.

Using "as above, so below" logic, sub-logoi should inherit all the archetypes of the parent logos, which then can then "customize", pass on "as-is", or create an entirely new archetype unique to that logos. So, some questions arise:

1) How is a "logos" defined; what is its extent; what delimits it.

2) Is there any way to tell what archetypes were inherited from parent logoi, versus a local creation?

3) Are the "laws of physics" actually mutable, since they are archetypal patterns of the expression of the free will of the parent logos? (As a sub-logos, yourself, you should be able to modify them -- "magick", perhaps?)

In the Ra Material, it was said that we were part of a "free will" logos, and that there were non-free-will logoi out there. Without free will, things still manifest but lack "consciousness" as a valuing system. In other words, they respond to "pre-destination" only. Pre-destination is basically being carried by something to where you are needed to be, analogous to a photon being carried by the progression of the natural reference system.

So, is pre-destination then the "outward" linkage of the natural reference system, similar to the outward motion that moves objects apart from each other? Since linkage is the reciprocal of motion, then what is "outward linkage" non-locally would be "inward linkage", locally -- massive formation of connections between motions: compound motions, atoms, molecules, aggregates, etc.

Left to pre-destination, as the complexity of motion increases, the probability of linkage would decrease. Thus, in a non-free-will environment, the more complex life becomes, the fewer of those life forms would be around. We actually observe this in the taxonomy of life--compare the number of microbes to the number of trees to the number of people.

Philosophers have long recognized a relationship between free will and predestination. Psychologists refer to it as the "conscious" and "unconscious" aspects of personality. With reference to the Reciprocal System, to me it looks like a "direction reversal", where the progression of the natural reference system, as non-local linkage, is the default, and "free will" is "inward motion" that defies pre-destination.
Starlight*

Post by Starlight* »

Quote:
3) Are the "laws of physics" actually mutable, since they are archetypal patterns of the expression of the free will of the parent logos? (As a sub-logos, yourself, you should be able to modify them -- "magick", perhaps?)
Yes. Yes, it can be perceived as magick.

In the Ra Material, it was said that we were part of a "free will" logos, and that there were non-free-will logoi out there.

And what is meant by it is not my will, but thy (Creator's) will.

Starlight*
MikeWirth

Post by MikeWirth »

bperet wrote:
Philosophers have long recognized a relationship between free will and predestination. Psychologists refer to it as the "conscious" and "unconscious" aspects of personality. With reference to the Reciprocal System, to me it looks like a "direction reversal", where the progression of the natural reference system, as non-local linkage, is the default, and "free will" is "inward motion" that defies pre-destination.
The idea of exerting the "force" of one's free will as in the same sense of exerting a personal "gravity consciousness" resonates with Session 20.8 of the RA Material.

From http://www.lawofone.info/results.php?session_id=20

Quote:
The physics of sound vibrational complex, Dewey, is a correct system as far as it is able to go. There are those things which are not included in this system. However, those coming after this particular entity, using the basic concepts of vibration and the study of vibrational distortions, will begin to understand that which you know as gravity and those things you consider as “n” dimensions. These things are necessary to be included in a more universal, shall we say, physical theory.
It looks like the "basic concepts of vibration and the study of vibrational distortions" is also being addressed by Bruce, Dan and Gopi within this thread. I think you're beginning to fulfill the 4th density purpose of RS! And Eccles reference to Arguelles's work seems to also play an instrumental part in this.

In reference to the vibration concept, can anyone comment on the following question?

Isn't the general meaning of "Reciprocity" itself a basic concept of vibration? It's various definitions seem to combine both manifestation of object (motion) and relation between them (linkage).
MWells

Post by MWells »

Quote:
I think you're beginning to fulfill the 4th density purpose of RS!
So there is a 4th-density *purpose* of RS? I'd suggest being careful about framing their work as far as purposes go, else we might be missing the point. BTW, you do realize that the basis for RA's prognostications about the RS and 4th density come directly from Don Elkins, who, coincidentally, studied it?
MWells

Post by MWells »

Quote:
Isn't the general meaning of "Reciprocity" itself a basic concept of vibration? It's various definitions seem to combine both manifestation of object (motion) and relation between them (linkage).
Yes, however a vibration is a function - time-varying according to some imposed abstract reference. A reciprocal relationship, however, is the basis for any dichotomy and does not necessarily imply a function (or action, or actor(s)).

Take a look at Peter Collins' work on cognitive models - his "Radial" and "Holistic" Mathematics. RS2 is currently around the "H1" level.
MikeWirth

Post by MikeWirth »

MWells wrote:
So there is a 4th-density *purpose* of RS?
I would think so, in the sense of how RS plays a part to explaining biological evolution and evolution of consciousness that is indicated in this thread. What's your view of how the concept of "purpose" plays a part in evolution? Do you think there was an evolutionary "purpose" to Dewey Larson's efforts to creating this new paradigm at this stage of the planet's supposed evolutionary transition? It's open to opinion of course and opinions that are shaped by experiences. Those who had direct experiences ie group experiences at the 1987 Harmonic Convergence or World Peace meditations on New Year's may have opinions that are "pro-purpose". They got a taste of 4th density and the SMC experience and consequent consciousness effect. I personally had some of this effect.
MWells wrote:
I'd suggest being careful about framing their work as far as purposes go, else we might be missing the point. BTW, you do realize that the basis for RA's prognostications about the RS and 4th density come directly from Don Elkins, who, coincidentally, studied it?
Of course, it's best to be discerning and careful. Applying the "wisdom aspect" to balance with the "emotional/intuitive/feeling aspect" is good practice. When referring to "missing the point" is this regards to the RA material in general or in regards to their comments about RS?

I'd have to disagree with your view of "coming directly" from Elkins since he was the questioner and not the channeler. Maybe you're referring to the influence he may have had towards the channeling. Again an opinion can only be raised.

Quote:
MWells wrote:
Yes, however a vibration is a function - time-varying according to some imposed abstract reference. A reciprocal relationship, however, is the basis for any dichotomy and does not necessarily imply a function (or action, or actor(s)).

Take a look at Peter Collins' work on cognitive models - his "Radial" and "Holistic" Mathematics. RS2 is currently around the "H1" level.
Actually it was your post about Holistic Mathematics on the other RS forum that got my attention and I've got copies of several various works. I recieved a couple emails from Peter regarding holistic approaches to proving the Reimann Hypothesis and his Euler papers.

As far as vibration being just a time-dependent function, I think there may be deeper or broader meanings that can be applied to the term "vibration" that doesn't necessarily denote time-dependence.

As one example, there is the term "alternation" that denotes a kind of time-independent vibration used in "alternating infinite series" when approaching the value of an irrational number such as Pi. It could be viewed as a pre-existent mathematical object (w/o time) or as an ongoing process.

Perhaps even the reciprocation process of communication that takes place "non-locally", temporally and spatially, between emotionally close partners ie twins can be considered a time-independent vibration of some sort. It's open to debate.

BTW, in my post I used the term "reciprocity" in the specific sense, as a dynamic term because it defines an action versus your using the term "reciprocal relationship" which you say can be viewed in static or dynamic terms. Just to get a clear idea, what would be an example of a static form?