Time Region Speeds

Discussion concerning the first major re-evaluation of Dewey B. Larson's Reciprocal System of theory, updated to include counterspace (Etheric spaces), projective geometry, and the non-local aspects of time/space.
bperet

Notation; 2/13/2003

Post by bperet »

Have you considered including the linear motion as part of the notational system, as a 4th element? R1:R2:r3:L Perhaps making :L optional, and omitted if there is no linear motion?

Without it, the photon cannot be distinguished from the rotational base, both having 1:1:0. If you include the linear motion, the RB becomes 1:1:0 and the photon becomes 1:1:0:1.

Bruce
Every dogma has its day...
bperet

Electron Update; 2/13/2003

Post by bperet »

I wrote: "Electron as 1:0:-1 ... also: -1:0:1 ? Would not such a combination be likely in a birotating pair, since it preserves parity?"

I thought this was the case, due to the two forms of the Rotational Base you listed, but further study shows that this is apparently not the case; -1:0:1 appears to be the proton, with an alternate form of -1:1:-1. (Got a little confused with the new notational system).

Wouldn't "-1:0:0" (alt. form you listed for SRB) be rotationally equivalent to 1:1:0, the double-rotational base?

I assume the same rotational conversion rules apply to the new Time Region concept, where a single-rotation can be converted to a double-rotation, when the max speed is reached? (Adding another unit of "r3" to flourine 2-1-(1) converts the 8-unit single-rotation to another unit of double-rotation, making it Neon?)

Bruce
k_nehru

Double-cone Figure; 2/14/2003

Post by k_nehru »

Bruce,

The computer-generated Figure of four cones in your isus-discuss msg. # 1367 shows the cones as filled. They should be HOLLOW cones instead. I will reply your other emails soon.

Nehru
bperet

Double Cone figure; 2/14/2003

Post by bperet »

Nehru,

I switched it from a conic solid to an isometric surface. How does this look? (see attached)

Bruce
Attachments
Isometric surface photon
Isometric surface photon
isophoton.jpg (20.33 KiB) Viewed 13187 times
k_nehru

Time Region Speeds; 2/15/2003

Post by k_nehru »

Dear Bruce

We shall adopt the notation, R1:R2:r3:L, suggested by you. We have yet to explore whether linear motion in more dimensions is possible.

Nehru
k_nehru

Time Region Speeds - 5 & 6; 2/15/2003

Post by k_nehru »

Dear Bruce

Please see the attached files.

I am leaving for Bhubaneswar (Orissa) for a week-long Theosophical Lecture program. I will also be presenting a PowerPoint show on the Reciprocal System of Theory to the Scientists at the Regional Research Laboratories there.

Nehru
Attachments
time_region_speeds-6.doc
Time region speeds 6
(25.5 KiB) Downloaded 557 times
time_region_speeds-5.doc
Time region speeds 5
(23 KiB) Downloaded 554 times
k_nehru

Time Region Speeds - 7; 2/15/2003

Post by k_nehru »

Dear Bruce

The Conic section figure is OK.

Please see the attached file. I included more explanatory comments.

Nehru
Attachments
time_region_speeds-7.doc
Time region speeds 7
(29.5 KiB) Downloaded 512 times
bperet

Time Region Speeds - 7; 2/15/2003

Post by bperet »

Attachments
Time Region Speeds-7 Bruce.doc
(27 KiB) Downloaded 525 times
k_nehru

Note on Animations; 2/16/2003

Post by k_nehru »

Dear Bruce,

What you pointed out regarding the possibility of a rotation given an area and a point marking the center of rotation is illuminating! So is the possibility of a 2-d rotation in two-dimensional space given at least one of the radii is zero. I incorporated these changes in the Table. I could successfully download all your animations using the "Save As..." option. They are now working offline too. There are some minor corrections in these items.

(1) The 'Fig. 1' blue double-cones: All the four cones should be of the same size, and with the cone vertex angle of 90 degrees. Can you change the background to an even lighter hue?

(2) In the case of the 2-d rotation please tilt the XX axis slightly towards us such that more of the cone base becomes visible. The color of the spherical surface being very dark, is masking the cone behind too much, after the half-way. Could you lighten it? The background color also to be lighter.

(3) One more important point. The minimum 1-d rotational space in the Time Region is 2 Pi radians. This means that, to start with, there is a complete disk---not just a radius sweeping a disk like you created. It is this disk that we should show rotating. To make this rotation visible you could color half of the disk in a different color. There is no bi-rotation in this case.

Even in the 2-d case the complete sphere, depicting 4 Pi steradians, has to be the starting figure, instead of the cone sweeping a sphere. But here we can't show it.

(4) Can you please create an alternative for the 2-d rotation case by taking OA as the starting radius instead of OB. We'll see whether this looks better.

(5) Another feature of the rotation in the Time Region that is difficult to model is that it is CUMULATIVE, not cyclic as in the Time-Space Region. (Remember the 'rotational depth'?) It is impossible to depict this utilizing rotation in the Time-Space Region. We have to resort to some artificial device. Maybe notionally we can depict it by showing the rotation as a spiral or a screw thread! That is, in the isometric view, to show the radius not only as turning about the axis but also as advancing forward on that axis.

Nehru
bperet

Time Region Speeds; 2/16/2003

Post by bperet »

Hi Nehru,

Question on the rotational motion animations... for the single rotation, should I really start with a filled circle, and overlay it? By analogy, if I were to represent linear motion in the time-space region, a line segment running from zero to one would seem appropriate to express motion of 1 unit (the minimum). If I were to start with a 1-unit line segment, then move forward to 2 units (or back over the existing segment, for inward motion), it would "jump", rather than show continuous movement of discrete units. The same will happen with the rotational motions, if I start with 2pi and move to 3pi.

>

The 4 cones are the same size, with a vertex of 90 degrees. It is the perspective generated by the "camera" and "look at" point that give that appearance. I will try to adjust the angles to reduce the effect. I tried an orthagonal projection to eliminate perspective, but it does not look natural.

I'm working on the other animation changes now.

I did find an interesting way to model "rotational depth" in my computer model. I use a linear motion down the axis (resulting in a coil shape), but placed the linear motion on an imaginary axis, rather than a real one {0+0i}-->{0+1i}. The projection into real space then keeps the rotation stationary, spinning it multiple times, but the internal mathematics give the correct angle and total area of rotation. In essence, I'm creating a "rotational volume" that appears cylindrical in the real/imaginary plane. Perhaps this concept might be applicable to linear motion in the time

region?

Bruce