Visibility of Stars and Galaxies (Problem)

Discussion of the astronomical and cosmological aspects of a universe of motion.
iAmburnJ

Re: Visibility of Stars and Galaxies (Problem)

Post by iAmburnJ »

This has blown my mind. I am currently designing/writing a science fiction setting for an RPG/Video Game and would LOVE to scratch everything I have and use what I have learned here as cannon in my universe. This would scale down my interstellar travel to a level that does not break the immersion for my players. Thank you.
bperet

Post by bperet »

iAmburnJ wrote:This has blown my mind. I am currently designing/writing a science fiction setting for an RPG/Video Game and would LOVE to scratch everything I have and use what I have learned here as cannon in my universe. This would scale down my interstellar travel to a level that does not break the immersion for my players. Thank you.
By adjusting distances to these "galaxies" to solar system proportions, a trip between the stars takes about as long as the old sailing vessels did to go from Europe to the Americas. No "time dilation" problems, no need for wormholes or warp drive... it makes for a very comprehensible system. Not to mention that it would totally blow the minds of the game players!

Two other RS2 researchers, Joey and Austin, are also working on a Sci-Fi setting based on the RS for a book, video game and perhaps a video series. Might want to share some notes... you can PM JoeyV here, or can reach both of them on the Antiquatis forum (JoeyV23 and Spaceman). (Antiquatis also uses RS theory to delve into metaphysics, psychology and the paranormal--may also be a good source of material for you.)
Every dogma has its day...
ajabigt

Post by ajabigt »

We have been tossing some ideas around for a game that utilizes reciprocal physics as the format for its physics engine. If realized a fully integrated design for the environmental elements (land, water, air, and space), structures and objects within them (buildings, ships, tools, etc.), and life populating the “world” would result. Fully fleshed out magic, and craft systems would also be side effects of designing the game from the ground up in this manner. The way we have been envisioning it would allow for more “casual” gamers to enjoy the “surface” level of the game while the more hardcore gamers would be have near complete freedom in terms of creative ability. The traditional “grind away” to acquire more in game capabilities would be more of the surface level interaction. An investigation into a depth of "lore" would be where the real opportunity for creative potential would lie. Through the deeper exploration a player would find clues opening up the possibility for understanding the in game physics which would enable the player to create virtually anything: buildings, tools, ships, and even life, stars, and planetary systems and they had a comprehensive enough grasp of how the system worked. Instead of the traditional end of development with a level cap and acquisition of legendary items, knowledge as power would leave nearly limitless unending potential development. The setting for the game would be molded by the planetary, stellar, and interstellar physics, as well as the metaphysical and deep history topics discussed on Antiquatis. Utilizing the mystery of the Elder race motif as the main backdrop would probably allow the most open world development. The other hidden history topics could be useful but might be more constrictive than would be desirable for a game with open space exploration, but then again perhaps not. To get a general overview of all the ideas we are pulling from for a game I would take a look at the daniel papers archive at http://www.conscioushugs.com/. The Anthropology series is especially stimulating.

I tried to write this up in a PM, but apparently I don't have that option yet. A better place for exploring these and related ideas might be the Psi-Phi sub forum on Antiquatis.
duane

Post by duane »

https://www.theguardian.com/science/201 ... -astronomy

Universe has 2 trillion galaxies, astronomers say
Hubble telescope images from deep space were collected over 20 years to solve the puzzle of how many galaxies the cosmos harbors
There are a dizzying 2 trillion galaxies in the universe, up to 20 times more than previously thought, astronomers reported on Thursday. The surprising finding, based on 3D modeling of images collected over 20 years by the Hubble Space Telescope, was published in the Astronomical Journal.

does this mean there is 20 times less dark matter needed? :)
bperet

Post by bperet »

duane wrote:Universe has 2 trillion galaxies, astronomers say Hubble telescope images from deep space were collected over 20 years to solve the puzzle of how many galaxies the cosmos harbors
"Using new mathematical models, the astronomers were able to infer the number of “invisible” galaxies beyond the reach of telescopes, leading to the surprising realization that the vast majority are too faint and far away to be seen."

“It boggles the mind that over 90% of the galaxies in the universe have yet to be studied,” commented Christopher Conselice of the University of Nottingham.

So 2 trillion x 10% = 200 billion, or the approximate number of stars in ONE galaxy.

Brought to you by the same people that gave you black holes, dark matter, millisecond pulsars and neutron stars! :D
Philip

Post by Philip »

I saw mention in another thread about a Gopi paper that points out errors in the distance to the sun and calculation of orbits. Is it known whether those errors would make the scale of the solar system larger or smaller?
bperet

Post by bperet »

Philip wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:03 pm I saw mention in another thread about a Gopi paper that points out errors in the distance to the sun and calculation of orbits. Is it known whether those errors would make the scale of the solar system larger or smaller?
It would make the solar system "different." Once past the gravitational limit of a planet, you are in what Larson calls the "scalar zone" -- NO coordinate system in which to measure a "distance"--the concept of "distance" does not exist. So larger or smaller, based on distance, cannot be determined.
Djchrismac

Re: ETs and Gravitational Limits

Post by Djchrismac »

bperet wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:11 am
So the interstellar travel is not so far out because we are looking at the universe out of a "lens".
That's what I'm discovering; the same effect as looking through a pair of binoculars, backwards. The lenses in our telescopes are always pointing towards the unit boundary (the gravitational limit), and when we observe past that point, those lenses flip around and make thing further away, rather than closer. That "pointing at the unit boundary" happens everywhere in the RS, so this is not any exception to the rule.

I've also had to re-examine the gravitational limit distance, which Larson puts at 2.2 light years. I think that may be wrong, because it is calculated by the supposed mass of the sun. While working on a new paper for the "Hollow Earth," I had to account for the intermediate and ultra-high speed motion in the core, and found that you need to have an almost perfect balance between motion in space, and motion in time, for a planet to be stable. In other words, the ratio of space to time must be near unity, which is the basis of RS atom building (why you vibrate in space, to rotate in time, to charge in space, to rotational vibrate in time... it alternates for stability). So the sun and planets end up with near zero "net mass," so it isn't mass that is maintain orbits. Gravity doesn't actually pull on anything--it is just inward motion (see Beyond Newton). But to make a long analysis short, when I attempted to find the balance point with corrected astronomy, the gravitational limit for our sun appears to be just outside the Kuipner belt, only about 50,000 AU. Consider that in light of the Pioneer anomaly mentioned next.

Recent use of Gravitational Lensing:
http://www.astronomy.com/news/2019/10/g ... g-in-xrays