Photon 2.0

Discussion concerning the first major re-evaluation of Dewey B. Larson's Reciprocal System of theory, updated to include counterspace (Etheric spaces), projective geometry, and the non-local aspects of time/space.
bperet

Re: Photon 2.0

Post by bperet »

SoverT has made some updates to the Photon v2 simulator, so it does not cut off on the right side for smaller screens and has added Black, Gray and White preset buttons.

Photon v2.0 Simulator

Couple things remain:
  1. Determining how many natural units are involved with the color sliders. When I did my original research on the frequency spectrum, visible light fell between 8 and 16 natural units of space (total 8 units), but that was just the conventional Newtonian RGB spectrum. When creating this simulation, I just flipped those 8 units over to the CMY side, so the sliders move in 1/8 increments (16 total units). "8" is an electric rotation, but with the photon modeled as a quaternion, it may be magnetic--4 units in each direction for a total of 8. The intervening colors would then be a mix of different colored photons. Chris' rainbow information indicates that it may be magnetic steps and there are fewer "basic" colors in the system. Thoughts?
  2. How to use these rotational speeds to calculate the frequency of the various colors of the photon. Since magenta is missing from the frequency spectrum, it probably has the same frequency as green--but with an opposite phase. Gopi, Zuoqian... you're the math experts, any ideas on how to convert 3D angular velocities to a frequency/phase angle?
Every dogma has its day...
animus

Post by animus »

bperet wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:23 pm One of the things I noticed when playing with the photon simulator was that if you start with gray and just slide the yellow-blue slider to blue, the resulting color is "sky blue" -- at least what I perceive as the same color as the sky. However, if I slide it to yellow, I don't get the color of the sun--I have to put it at gray and slide the red/green to max. Since both the sky and the sun are up in the air, one would expect color from the positive palette.
I have a question about the photon simulator:
When I go to the max value on either R, G or B with the other two being gray, the resulting color does not match the color in the wheel but is distinctly more white-ish (red becomes rosa). But if I do the same on the CMY side, the resulting color is pretty much the same as the one in the wheel (cyan stays cyan), perhaps just a teeny tiny bit darker. Is it - by calculation - supposed to get just as dark as the other side has gotten white?

cyan red comparison.png
cyan red comparison.png (772.13 KiB) Viewed 21516 times
bperet

Post by bperet »

animus wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:54 am When I go to the max value on either R, G or B with the other two being gray, the resulting color does not match the color in the wheel but is distinctly more white-ish (red becomes rosa). But if I do the same on the CMY side, the resulting color is pretty much the same as the one in the wheel (cyan stays cyan), perhaps just a teeny tiny bit darker. Is it - by calculation - supposed to get just as dark as the other side has gotten white?
The rotating disks have a texture applied so you can see the rotation, so that is going to affect the perceived luminosity.

The RGB colors are mathematically correct, as they express the computer colors from the min to max range--for a single dimension of color. The cyan-red axis runs from #00FFFF (cyan) to #808080 (gray) to #FF0000 (red). The color box is the net color from all three dimensions of color, so when they other two axes are set to gray, 50% gray is added to the "red" color, reducing its saturation.

Though you make an interesting point--there should be symmetry. The CMY colors should be brighter than the ones in the box, so the problem is with perception of the color... computer monitors use the RGB pallette so black is an absence of color, not a negative color.

Any idea how to fix this? I'm sure SoverT can make the updates. I can't do much because of my color blindness--I have to work "by the numbers." You can assume the colors on the disks are correct, because they extend to the maximum color range of the graphics card, so the problem must be with the combining of the color axes to produce the box color.
SoverT

Post by SoverT »

The slight difference is because the 3D scene is using lighting calculations, so it's not going to be exact. I left it that way because the colors are already distorted enough due to using RGB monitors, so even making it exact wouldn't really make it true to reality
bperet

Post by bperet »

SoverT wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:33 pm The slight difference is because the 3D scene is using lighting calculations, so it's not going to be exact. I left it that way because the colors are already distorted enough due to using RGB monitors, so even making it exact wouldn't really make it true to reality
Could you add the hex color value to the box at the bottom, for those of us that don't see color too well?
bperet

Post by bperet »

When I use POVray to model things, there is an "ambient" option for texture/finish that gives you true color of the object, regardless of orientation. Does the 3D software you are using support such an option?
SoverT

Post by SoverT »

I switched it to use emissive color instead of diffuse but it makes it harder to see the grey planes when it's not lit, which is why I chose the lighting distortion to start with.
bperet

Post by bperet »

bperet wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:20 am Could you add the hex color value to the box at the bottom, for those of us that don't see color too well?
Problem with the hex code... does not have preceding zeros when less than x10.
For example, 800F80 is showing up as 80f80. Black is just 000 instead of 000000.
SoverT

Post by SoverT »

bperet wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:38 am
bperet wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:20 am Could you add the hex color value to the box at the bottom, for those of us that don't see color too well?
Problem with the hex code... does not have preceding zeros when less than x10.
For example, 800F80 is showing up as 80f80. Black is just 000 instead of 000000.
Good catch. Fixed, and I added the RGB values also
bperet

Goethe color spectrum

Post by bperet »

Gopi ran across this picture in one of Goethe's books, where he passed colored light through a prism, which is supposed to be monochromatic. What he found that the colored light did bend like it should, but if you backed your screen away far enough, the edges also took on other colors that were offset from the original "frequency." This also happens with wide slits and nearer screens:
Non-white spectral split
Non-white spectral split
Goethe-NonWhite.png (476.18 KiB) Viewed 21323 times
I looked online for people duplicating this, but all you find is "computer simulations" of colored beams passing through a prism, deflecting just as Newton predicted--since the simulations are programmed that way. And there is no edge distortion on the models--just pure color.

That's the big problem with research today... mathematics, and the simulations created from them, no longer express what Nature is actually DOING, and nobody seems to question it.