Logo

Society News
bperet

Logo

Post by bperet »

Anyone have any suggestions for a logo for the Reciprocal System Research Society?

I've been using the old B&W yin-yang logo that Nehru came up with 30 years ago, so thinking it is time to modernize.

The logo should express the basic, reciprocal relation between space and time or the material and cosmic.

Any ideas, please reply.
Every dogma has its day...
Djchrismac

Re: Logo

Post by Djchrismac »

I love a design challenge! Let me see what I can come up with...
wsitze

Re: Photon model as a Quaternion

Post by wsitze »

Djchrismac wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:09 am yin-yang-colour-sphere01.jpg

Or should there be a line of colour along the S-line intersection between space and time, indicating colour is between black and white, something like this rougher effort?

yinyang sphere02.jpg
How about one of these two as the new system logo? Perhaps with the color wheels within the yin/yang divisions somewhat larger?
Graybeard
Djchrismac

Re: Photon model as a Quaternion

Post by Djchrismac »

wsitze wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:25 pm
Djchrismac wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:09 am yin-yang-colour-sphere01.jpg

Or should there be a line of colour along the S-line intersection between space and time, indicating colour is between black and white, something like this rougher effort?

yinyang sphere02.jpg
How about one of these two as the new system logo? Perhaps with the color wheels within the yin/yang divisions somewhat larger?
Great idea wsitze, although since the photon is really a quaternion I think we could have the yin yang in four quadrants, giving us some similarity to the antiquatis logo. We may not need the text at all but i've added it to this version:
RS2 logo 1.2.jpg
RS2 logo 1.2.jpg (127 KiB) Viewed 24145 times
Instead of the 4 small spheres with the nox/lux colour wheels we could add in something else that is complimentary perhaps? Or maybe just keep it simple, rever to standard yin-yang, increase colour fringes as you suggest and remove the text...?
wsitze

Post by wsitze »

I like the four quadrants as you have shown, How about placing the text around the outside of upper periphery?
Graybeard
bperet

Post by bperet »

Just remember that logos tend to be small, like the RS2 logo on the top left of the screen. That can make text a bit unreadable.

The quadrant model, though fitting, does tend to lose the taijitu symbolism and hence the yin-yang relationship.

For the colors, rather than rotating the Newtonian spectrum (RGBW), perhaps introduce it's reciprocal, Goethe's spectrum (CMYK), along the lines of the Photon 2.0 research?
wsitze

Post by wsitze »

I think the four quadrants express the multiple cycles between the material and cosmic sectors better. The text can remain as it is at the top to the right of logo. How about displaying the color wheels two as RGBW and two as CMYK in the appropriate quadrants?

Personally, I would like to see the yin-yang terminology replaced with something less reminiscent of mysticism. We are, after all, trying to overcome the misdirection of mainstream physics.
Graybeard
bperet

Post by bperet »

wsitze wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:37 pm Personally, I would like to see the yin-yang terminology replaced with something less reminiscent of mysticism. We are, after all, trying to overcome the misdirection of mainstream physics.
Sounds reasonable. Nehru's original sketch was two "inverse" galaxies intertwined in a yin-yang fashion, though it was designed B&W for printing and was difficult, as the black galaxy used a lot of ink in those days.

If you're going with quadration, should find a way to express the macrocosm/microcosm as well as the material/cosmic. Microcosm being the time and space regions, the atomic configuration.
See: The Regions
wsitze

Post by wsitze »

OK, let's keep it simple, as you have already defined the terms: Material, or STTR; Cosmic, or TSSR; microcosm, atomic, or TRSR; and macrocosm, conjugate atomic (con-atomic or some other definition?) or STTS.
Graybeard
Djchrismac

Post by Djchrismac »

Sticking with the "keep it simple" mantra and moving away from yin-yang, how about something basic like the following, with RS twice, inverted, giving 4 quadrants with CMYK & RGBW "leaves" where the colours in the circles overlap:

Logo Version 2
Logo Version 2
RSRS logo 2.0.jpg (21.72 KiB) Viewed 23962 times

Colours, layout etc. can easily be changed. I checked through lots of existing logo's for RS2 (easily confused with the RS2 car) and RS (many many use this in a logo) but very few use RSRS. I'm not too keen on the RS font used above but again we can easily change this.