A couple of months ago, ISUS purchased the assembled ER-50 Brown's Gas electrolyzer from Eagle Research (George Wiseman). Mounting brackets by Rainer Huck.
Initially, we had problems with the machine operation, which was producing a lot of foam and pushing the electrolyte out of the cells. I contacted George Wiseman with a description of the problems and I am pleased to say he was very responsive and helpful in correcting the situation and getting the machine up and working. (He was also a couple weeks early on delivery, so that was nice, too.)
The basic problem was contamination of the electrolyte from a brownish goo that was apparently a residue from the metal plating. The solution involved basically burning it off. I ran the machine for some time, cleaning out the brown goo that would float to the top of the tower. After it stopped producing it in large quantities, I emptied the electrolyte, flushed the machine with distilled water and re-filled with a clean solution. It has been working good since then--no foam, the electrolyte is now clear, looking through the tubing, and turns white when in operation.
When the machine was contaminated, we did not find any unusual properties--just the typical hydrogen and oxygen gas. After the cleanup, we were still getting primarily the hydrogen and oxygen gas. Moray B. King was visiting last weekend and I showed him the machine (he was the one that suggested we obtain this from Eagle Research) and said that Brown's Gas should be visible as a vapor, which it was not. I checked the machine over for faults and found none, and just for the heck of it, placed a couple of Thorium-232 discs on the tower piece (Geiger counter calibration discs), thinking that the excitation might have some effect. I was making some lunch, then turned around and noticed that "steam" was coming out of the machine--but it was cold--a vapor, not steam--the Brown's Gas that Moray described.
The machine now produces the gas shortly after startup, without any radiative assist. Looks like something may have just needed a little priming, but I do not know what at this time. I am continuing to clean the machine of any remaining plate residue, and the cleaner the electrolyte gets, the better the machine works.
I've been running some tests on the gas for the last couple of weeks and have developed an RS-based model of what is going on. I will post what I have found after I get some photos and diagrams made up.
Experiments being conducted by ISUS, primarily on "alternative" systems that the RS provides an explanation for.
1 post • Page 1 of 1