RS2 Lecture

Discussion concerning the first major re-evaluation of Dewey B. Larson's Reciprocal System of theory, updated to include counterspace (Etheric spaces), projective geometry, and the non-local aspects of time/space.
bperet

RS2 Lecture

Post by bperet »

Horace wrote:
OK, I can see what you mean about the audio. The problem occurred because I unknowingly placed the camera right in front of my desktop computer, and the fans were blowing right on the microphone. There is a LOT of hiss noise; I ran a heavy hiss filter to try to get rid of it, but it did come out pretty narrow. I believe the AVI files are a lot cleaner, but still have the loud hiss in the audio.

We did purchase Vegas Pro 8, which is some quality video processing software and has some fancy filtering. It is due to arrive this week so I'll re-edit the first 2 lectures and clean them up after I get the 3rd lecture video out. I did break it into 8 shorter segments this time, when digitizing the tape (about 30 minutes each). I'll do that with the first two, as well.

Would there be any interest in making DVDs sets out of these lectures? The Vegas software comes with some nice DVD generation features.
Every dogma has its day...
MWells

RS2 Lecture

Post by MWells »

What about real-time encoding, straight to the hard drive? No need to digitize.

The "Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000" - a 2 mega-pixel (up to 1600x1200 frames @30fps) USB cam, with mic, auto-focus, motion-tracking, carl ZEISS glass lens, 3.7 mm focal length, F/2.0 aperture, is available for $60 (w/ rebate) now. http://www.newegg.com/product/product.a ... C8Junction

With its wide field of view, this camera should work from a table located right in front of you and the board.
bperet

RS2 Lecture

Post by bperet »

MWells wrote:
What about real-time encoding, straight to the hard drive? No need to digitize.
I've been trying that, taking the camera feed I was using to send to DimDim and digitizing on the fly, but for some reason the audio and video are out-of-sync when I play it back. But it only does it when recording on the camera; when playing back, they stay in sync. Must be some type of processing delay in the camera during recording.
Every dogma has its day...