RS2 Lecture

Discussion concerning the first major re-evaluation of Dewey B. Larson's Reciprocal System of theory, updated to include counterspace (Etheric spaces), projective geometry, and the non-local aspects of time/space.
bperet

Re: RS2 Lecture

Post by bperet »

Phillip wrote:
The session was closed promptly at 10:00 pm MST. I suspect the dimdim default session length was still at two hours.
I upped the session length to 4 hours, since that was all the tape I had, figuring when the camera clicked off, we'd end. But we started 30 minutes late, and took a break. It threw me, because the clock was only 9:15 when it kicked off... turns out the clock is running slow from weak batteries.
Every dogma has its day...
bperet

RS2 Lecture

Post by bperet »

Since DimDim cut off early, I converted the 2nd tape to AVI format, 55 minutes, and uploaded it to the server in case those attending by Internet want to see what they missed. This is unedited; just a full-resolution dump of the Hi-8 tape from the camcorder, so the writing on the board should be very clear.

http://www.rstheory.org/video/RS2-20080320-2.avi (295 mB or so)

Right-click and Save Link As... so you don't end up dumping the AVI binary into your browser.

I'm processing the 2-hour first tape now; takes some time--2 hours to encode, then about 4 hours to compress to avi. The capture program dumps as uncompressed mp4, and is 7.5 GB in size!
davelook

RS2 Lecture

Post by davelook »

Bruce,

You were talking about how the particles will fall somewhere on a point in the complex plane.

Take a look at page 6 of this article...

http://brannenworks.com/a_fer.pdf

(from the site http://www.brannenworks.com)
Gopi

RS2 Lecture

Post by Gopi »

There were some problems with electricity back at my place... the last I got of the presentation was the "knee therapy". Will go thru the video now and post my comments.

Just opened it now, rolling around laughing at the Star Wars reference! :D
davelook

RS2 Lecture

Post by davelook »

Gopi wrote:
There were some problems with electricity back at my place... the last I got of the presentation was the "knee therapy". Will go thru the video now and post my comments.

Just opened it now, rolling around laughing at the Star Wars reference! :D
OMG, Me too! That IS funny!

Thanks for posting these Bruce, can't wait to watch them!
bperet

RS2 Video Lecture #3

Post by bperet »

We are planning to do another RS2 video lecture, videocast over DimDim, on April 12, 2008 around 6pm Mountain Time. Going to talk a bit about electric theory, inductors, capacitors and what was recently discovered using the complex motion representation.

If there are any other topics you think should be covered or reviewed, please let me know.

For those attending in person, Maria Huck is preparing a turkey dinner prior to the lecture. So if I fall asleep at the board, you'll know the tryptophan got to me!

This time, I'd like a volunteer to run the microphone, and perhaps others could just text the questions to that person, or they could read them outloud. The system only allows for 3 concurrent microphones. I'm not able to see the monitor from the board because of the lights in my face, so it needs to be audio. This time I'll try to pause between discussions to account for the internet delays so people can hop in.

I also set the DimDim session to run for 5 hours (the max), so hopefully it won't cut out again.

Quote:
A meeting is scheduled. Please click the link http://webmeeting.dimdim.com:80/portal/ ... theory.org to join the meeting at the scheduled time.

Details of the meeting are

Meeting Name: isus-secretary@rstheory.org

Meeting Room ID: isus-secretary@rstheory.org

Meeting Agenda: Discussion of complex motion as applied to electrical theory.

Your Role: Attendee

Recurrence: This meeting happens only once

Schedule Starts on: April 12, 2008 6:00:PM US/Mountain

Schedule Ends At: April 12, 2008

Please click the following link to download iCal attachment http://webmeeting.dimdim.com:80/portal/ ... 30489444da

Sincerely,

Your Web Meeting Team
bperet

Re: RS2 Video Lecture #3

Post by bperet »

We are starting the lecture in a few minutes... details below. Zero-point author, Moray B. King, is in attendance this evening, along with Rainer, Doug, Dave B., Dave F. and Ann.

Quote:
A meeting is scheduled. Please click the link http://webmeeting.dimdim.com:80/portal/ ... theory.org to join the meeting at the scheduled time.

Details of the meeting are

Meeting Name: isus-secretary@rstheory.org

Meeting Room ID: isus-secretary@rstheory.org

Meeting Agenda: Discussion of complex motion as applied to electrical theory.

Your Role: Attendee

Recurrence: This meeting happens only once

Schedule Starts on: April 12, 2008 6:00:PM US/Mountain

Schedule Ends At: April 12, 2008

Please click the following link to download iCal attachment http://webmeeting.dimdim.com:80/portal/ ... 30489444da

Sincerely,

Your Web Meeting Team
bperet

RS2 Lecture

Post by bperet »

Well, it's 12:15AM and we've just finished up this lecture. Over 6 hours... ran out of tape at 4 hours, so the discussion on Rainer's new idea for the speed of the Coulomb force experiment is missing, but we'll probably write up a paper on it.

I'll start digitizing tomorrow, but it will take a while... I'll try to break it up into smaller files this time, as I did remember to pause around the half-hour marks.

Apparently, the DimDim "waiting room" feature doesn't do what I thought--it stuck people in the waiting room and left them there, even when the conference was going (should not have had to wait). Not sure if I'll bother with the videocast anymore, as you really can't see what is going on.

Some of the major topics discussed were... (though we went off-topic so many times, I ended up forgetting what I was going to present!)...
  • LC Resonance as birotation, with dimensional reduction occurring at the resonant frequency.
  • The simplest resonant circuit being the birotating PHOTON (lossless circuit, so resonates forever).
  • Birotating electrons and Cooper pairing as resonant systems.
  • Theory behind high and low pass filters, and series-parallel constructs.
  • Capacitance and Inductance storage theory.
  • How a Parallel Universe can occur in the RS.
  • Inanimate, biological and ethical levels of existence.
  • How gravity works
  • UFO/antigravity propulsion
  • Earth geophysics, white dwarfs and pulsars.
We were all over the place tonight! Attending: Rainer, Doug B., Dave B., Dave F., Moray B. King (the ZPE author), Gopi K.

Here is the table of the Zero Point resonances that were discussed:

Code: Select all

Zero Point Characteristics
Angular velocity 6.5796839000199 petaradians per second	6.57968390e+15
Resonant Frequency 1.0471892166703 petahertz	1.04718922e+15
Resonant Wavelength 286.28298804797 nanometers	2.86282988e-7
Capacitance 622.37487082787 nanofarads	6.22374871e-7
Inductance 0.03711401092197 yoctahenries	3.71140109e-26
[/]
Horace

RS2 Lecture

Post by Horace »

Can't wait to start downloading the videos of the lecture.

I hope that the audio will be more intelligible this time - last time that frequency response was AWFUL (might have been been the mic). The frequencies that carry speech (1kHz to 6kHz) were heavily attenuated. Just do a spectral decomposition (e.g. in CoolEdit) and see for yourself.

Also, digital transcoding audio artifacts were obvious (precisely: distortions that bad room acoustics, audio bandwidth or poor microphone could not produce by themselves).

Sorry to bitch like this, but I could not understand one quarter of Bruce's words spoken in front of ths mic, and people asking questions behind the mic were even worse. (...but sth is better than nothing of course).

Horace

P.S.

Picture was OK.
bperet

RS2 Lecture

Post by bperet »

Horace wrote:
I hope that the audio will be more intelligible this time - last time that frequency response was AWFUL (might have been been the mic). The frequencies that carry speech (1kHz to 6kHz) were heavily attenuated. Just do a spectral decomposition (e.g. in CoolEdit) and see for yourself.
I'm curious to know which videos you viewed... the Quicktime MOV, the Flash FLV or the AVI?