Cool vid on Earth's expansion

Discussion of the astronomical and cosmological aspects of a universe of motion.
blaine

Cool vid on Earth's expansion

Post by blaine »

Just stumbled upon this cool video about how all the landmasses fit together if the Earth were smaller: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJfBSc6e7QQ

Planetary expansion as explained by RS http://reciprocalsystem.org/PDFa/At%20t ... Bruce).pdf
bperet

Re: Cool vid on Earth's expansion

Post by bperet »

Very cool. But keep in mind that water weighs more than dirt, so as the oceans expand, the axis of rotation changes to correct for the imbalance.

This explains the old maps showing Greenland (the Bargos Islands or Hyperboria) at the North Pole, prior to the Arctic Ocean ripping open. And something to consider--16th century maps SHOW this and were used by sailors to navigate that part of the world, so this expansion event occurred recently in man's history (see: Earth in the 13½ Century! for an animation of what the Earth looked like in those times).
Every dogma has its day...
jdalton4

Post by jdalton4 »

In connection with the change in the axis of rotation due to ocean water I would like to bring to your attention an amazing fact. Most of the ocean water has been received on the planet from many small water comets over many millions of years. If their angular speed is minimal, then they would have had minimal effect on the earth's rotational axis due the parallel axis theorem. No?
In any event, I recommend this amazing book, called "The Big Splash" by Dr. Louis Frank published in 1990, wherein he describes his struggle to assert the existence of these water comets. He also published two papers in the April 1986 issue of "Geophysical Research Letters"
They were discovered by analyzing ultraviolet photos taken by the high altitude satellite, Dynamics Explorer, launched in 1981. Large spots, 30 miles in diameter, appeared on these photographs and water was the only common molecule that absorbs ultraviolet light at the wavelength observed by the camera. Each spot represented approx 100 tons of ice water and were observed at the rate of 20 per minute, ie enough water over 4 billion years to fill all the ocean basins, ie 4 times 10 to the 18th tons. And this can be tied to Larson's prediction that matter, including molecules of water, forms in the vastness of empty space by virtue of the influx and from the cosmic sector, eventually congealing into comets.
bperet

Post by bperet »

jdalton4 wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:03 am Most of the ocean water has been received on the planet from many small water comets over many millions of years.
The problem I've had with that theory in the past was that the moon is covered with impact craters... so why isn't it one, huge ocean?
jdalton4

Post by jdalton4 »

Good question. My theory is gravity on the moon cannot prevent molecules reaching escape velocity. As a result it has very little atmosphere of any kind.
bperet

Post by bperet »

jdalton4 wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:50 am Good question. My theory is gravity on the moon cannot prevent molecules reaching escape velocity. As a result it has very little atmosphere of any kind.
Well, it has a sufficiently high escape velocity to keep a meteor bouncing across its surface, so I'm sure it can "hold water" (but it looks like "The Big Splash" doesn't).

An amateur astronomer caught--on video--a meteor impacting the surface of the moon, bouncing, and producing several new craters.

See: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rPUhZSnlUI

From Antiquatis post: Moons-What You See Isn't What's There
daniel wrote: This amateur astronomer accidentally videoed a meteor not only impacting the moon, but bouncing along its surface for some 2600 miles. You would think this would draw some attention, but it is being ignored... and yes, it left new craters as it bounced, visible to anyone with a telescope.

If you do the calculations, you find out why.

Path traveled: 2600 miles
Time of travel: 4 seconds

2600/4 = 650 miles per second
650 miles per second* 3600 seconds/hour = 2,340,000 mph.

Yes, that is over 2 million miles per hour and it just bounced, leaving a trail of small craters. That's over 100x faster than your typical meteor.

I would also like to point out that the moon's escape velocity is about 1.6 miles per second. The object was traveling over 400x escape velocity, so the first bounce, even at a small approach angle, should have shot that "meteor" back into space, not repeatedly bouncing along the surface. There just isn't enough gravitational pull to bring that meteor back to the surface for repeated impacts.

Not to mention that the meteor remained intact after repeated 2.34 million mph impacts... I know of no material that can withstand that kind of impact force without shattering from the kinetic energy released.

Also, where's the kaboom? There should have been a moon-shattering kaboom.

Nothing about this video "adds up" with a meteor hitting the moon, "as we know it." The fastest meteor impact seen on Earth was about 160,000 mph, which is still 15x slower than this lunar one. So perhaps the oddity here isn't the meteor--but the moon, itself.

From what I can tell, things are out of sync by 100:1. Let's increase the time from 4 to 5 seconds, just to be safe.
2600 miles/5 seconds = 520 miles per second, or 1,872,000 mph.

If we adjust 520 miles per second to 5.2 miles per second and use the "Moongate" information that says the moon's gravity is 85% of the Earths (from neutral point calculations), that would put the escape velocity of the moon at 6 miles per second--and the meteor would bounce.

There seems to be some kind of astronomical scaling problem going on here. So, do we have a 2600-mile moon orbiting at 238,900 miles--or a 26-mile moon, orbiting at 2389 miles? Or something in-between? Visually, from Earth, they would look the same, including eclipses.
jdalton4

Post by jdalton4 »

The max surface temperature of the moon is generally accepted to be 123 Centigrade. Thats why theres no water on the moons surface.
jdalton4

Post by jdalton4 »

"daniel" writes about a scaling problem. Look, we've known since 1969 when the Apollo 11 astronauts put corner cubes on the moon, that the moon is receding from the earth at 1.5 inches per year. This is an experimental fact. And the only way that can happen is if the moon's orbital radius is 239,000 miles using existing calculations of gravity and angular momentum. Larson doesnt through out all of conventional physics.
bperet

Post by bperet »

It is fairly common knowledge now that the moon landing was actually done on a set in London, using "2001" leftovers (just like the Chang'e Chinese landing--whose descent rocket did not even disturb ONE molecule of dirt beneath it when landing... now THAT is an efficient engine!)

NASA has been caught falsifying data for a long time now... I have no confidence in these claims. I have yet to figure out how to measure the moon's distance myself... it is a difficult problem.
jdalton4

Post by jdalton4 »

That's not what happened, in my opinion. Stanley Kubrick is known to have faked the moon landing in a London studio. But that was only because the US military already knew at that time that there were aliens on the moon. The US Military were secretly negotiating technology transfer with aliens in order to achieve military parity (which they now have). They got Kubrick to fake the TV pictures given to the public but the actual landings took place. The US government considered the subject of the "alien presence" its "most vital national secret". This is what Hunt told his lawyer just before going to jail for Watergate as the real reason for the Kennedy assassination. These facts are well documented. I'm not revealing anything thats not already in the public domain.

Back to physics. There is no question that the moon is 239,000 miles away. Put that one to bed.