What are the concrete benefits of RS besides the "Ultimate Answer to Life, the Universe and Everything" ?

Discussion concerning the first major re-evaluation of Dewey B. Larson's Reciprocal System of theory, updated to include counterspace (Etheric spaces), projective geometry, and the non-local aspects of time/space.
F6FLT

What are the concrete benefits of RS besides the "Ultimate Answer to Life, the Universe and Everything" ?

Post by F6FLT »

What are the concrete benefits of Reciprocal System (RS) besides the nebulous clam that it is an "Ultimate Answer to Life, the Universe and Everything" ?
...appearing in this introductory presentation:
http://reciprocalsystem.org/video/rs2/introduction

A theory is necessary to:
- explain observations that are not explained by current theories
- synthesize one or more theories into a more general theory that can predict new phenomena

What observations would be explained by this Theory of Everything and not by current theories?
What new observations, verifiable by experimentation, does this Theory of Everything predict?
bperet

Re: What are the concrete benefits of RS besides the "Ultimate Answer to Life, the Universe and Everything" ?

Post by bperet »

F6FLT wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:03 pm What observations would be explained by this Theory of Everything and not by current theories?
What new observations, verifiable by experimentation, does this Theory of Everything predict?
The Photon 2.0 model can accurately describe the properties of light, using both Newtonian and Goethe's analysis, as well as explain many unusual properties of polarization. A paper is forthcoming on this. (What you have been taught is strictly a misinterpretation of the Newtonian spectrum... and can be easily disproved with a simple experiment.)

Historically, the RS predicted the existence of Quasars and their association to radio galaxies, can explain the odd behavior of white dwarf stars and completely does away with the concepts of dark energy, dark matter and stuff like black holes.
Every dogma has its day...
Horace

Re: What are the concrete benefits of RS besides the "Ultimate Answer to Life, the Universe and Everything" ?

Post by Horace »

• Current theories will tell you how charges behave (e.g. Coulomb's law) but they will not tell you what charge is. RS will.
  • Current theories will tell you how the field of forces associated with a charge varies geometrically in space but it will not tell you how this force arises. RS will.
  • Current theories will tell you the direction and magnitude of the Lorentz force that a charge experiences in a changing magnetic field but it will not tell you why. RS will.
  • Current theories will tell you that the repulsion of two magnets is proportional to the gradient of the magnetic flux density between them but will not tell you what exactly causes the magnets to experience a repulsion force. RS will.
  • Current theories will tell you the relative strengths of the electric, magnetic and gravitational forces but will not tell you the origin of that difference. RS will.
  • Current theories will not tell you why space appears 3D and time 1D to a material observer...and the opposite to an observer made out of anti-matter. RS will.
  • Current theories append many empirical/adHoc constants to its equations (the gravitational constant, the permeability & permittivity constant, the fine structure constant). In RS all of these constants reduce to 1 or 4pi.
and many, many more....

Guys please help me list some other benefits (e.g. in chemistry, optics).
F6FLT

Post by F6FLT »

Thank you for your answers.

Science does not say what things are ("to be" makes no sense, we do not have to assume an independent underlying reality) but how they behave when we observe them.

Electrical charge is defined only by the current theories of physics. If we assume the existence of a different physical reality, it is no longer a "charge" in the sense that current theories define it. Challenging theories that have defined objects, while keeping the objects as if they had an intrinsic reality, seems illogical to me.

Relativity perfectly explains electromagnetism (in a best way than Maxwell equations and the Lorentz force). Assertions containing the expression "but will not tell" are baseless statements. All electromagnetic or gravitational effects are well modelled, the theory is relevant.
The question of 3D+1D space, which would not be the same in a context of matter or antimatter, is not part of current proven theories.

The constants mentioned as "had hoc" are in fact the result of measurements.

Moreover, all these considerations are unclear. I expected an answer like "with such an experimental setup, this theory predicts that you will observe this, whereas current theories predict that you will observe that", and all this being quantified according to a mathematical formalism that finally seems missing.
Does this theory only predict what others do as well?! The essential question of predicting new phenomena has not been answered. If there are no new phenomena and no experimental verifications although in science we must take care to compare theories with measurements, I don't see the relationship with physics.

Sorry to appear so skeptical. This theory was brought to my attention in another forum where the discussion was a little off topic, my account was created here with my usual pseuso by the person with whom I was talking, and what I wrote on the other forum has been copy/paste here. I do not intend to continue here if the experimental questions are ignored, when it is the only way for me to know if I should intellectually invest myself in one TOE rather than another.
user737

Post by user737 »

F6FLT wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:27 am Science does not say what things are ("to be" makes no sense, we do not have to assume an independent underlying reality) but how they behave when we observe them.
I can't disagree enough with this point.
Science must do both.
To be is to disturb the still magnetic light.
Infinite Rider on the Big Dogma
user737

Post by user737 »

F6FLT wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:27 am Relativity perfectly explains electromagnetism (in a best way than Maxwell equations and the Lorentz force).
Relativity does not explain anything. It's a bunch of mathematical gibberish without a basis of theory, which it does attempt but falls short. Well, at least insomuch as it contradicts its own very basis premise from the beginning...

Re: Maxwell... not sure if you're referring to the "Maxwell" (cross products and dot products) taught today or his true brilliance (quaternions). I guess you'd have to ask Oliver Heaviside whom I am convinced was purposefully allied with group of other like-minded "investigators" of his day in an effort to suppress the true knowledge that understanding RS2 will bring to the people.

It has already been shown how the Lorentz force is borne out of RS2... with a basis of theory attached to boot!

If not already, I would suggest an extended period of lurking on this board and reading. Much as what you expound has been thoroughly refuted.
user737

Post by user737 »

F6FLT wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:27 am Moreover, all these considerations are unclear. I expected an answer like "with such an experimental setup, this theory predicts that you will observe this, whereas current theories predict that you will observe that", and all this being quantified according to a mathematical formalism that finally seems missing.
You've got this backwards. A common theme in coming to RS2!

Part of what makes RS2 so compelling is that the theory is no way invalidates any empirically derived result. In other words, the theory doesn't ask you to disbelieve your lying eyes (although there is some truth to the point in that we observe only the material projection in space; haven't quite figured out how to "see" 3D time).

We have the math. The funny thing about math is I can make it say anything I want. Just like I can write a fictional work using English. What is missing is an underlying system of theory. Enter Reciprocal System of theory.
user737

Post by user737 »

F6FLT wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:27 am The constants mentioned as "had hoc" are in fact the result of measurements.
Using who's ruler or stopwatch?
Measuring from what point(s) of reference?
user737

Post by user737 »

F6FLT wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:27 am Does this theory only predict what others do as well?! The essential question of predicting new phenomena has not been answered. If there are no new phenomena and no experimental verifications although in science we must take care to compare theories with measurements, I don't see the relationship with physics.
The difference comes down to inductive versus deductive reasoning.

There are no new phenomena, just logical explanation which emanate from sound theory.
Science today is in the position of appealing to wilder and wilder ad hoc extension of existing theory to explain away discontinuities between theory and observation and then they point at their math and say "we must need to add something to the equation!" (ah ha: let's make up Dark Energy out of thin air, no pun intended.)

RS2 provides for much the opposite and dictates predicative result and lo and behold what we see magically matches what RS2 mandates. Again, the difference is not in the mathematical result or the effect as observed but rather a fundamental difference in the known nature of the universe. Simply put, this is a universe of motion, not matter plus space (also let's throw time in there for good sense).

It's great to have you here. Now go read. The Daniel Papers are an excellent starting point to spark your interest before you go into the real meat of the TRUE science.
user737

Post by user737 »

F6FLT wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:27 am Challenging theories that have defined objects, while keeping the objects as if they had an intrinsic reality, seems illogical to me.
Indeed. Plato's Allegory of the Cave comes to mind...

"Likewise, we may acquire concepts by our perceptual experience of physical objects. But we would be mistaken if we thought that the concepts that we grasp were on the same level as the things we perceive."