Dimensions in the Reciprocal System

Discussion concerning the first major re-evaluation of Dewey B. Larson's Reciprocal System of theory, updated to include counterspace (Etheric spaces), projective geometry, and the non-local aspects of time/space.
bperet

Re: Dimensions in the Reciprocal System

Post by bperet »

Horace wrote:
dbundy wrote: Ok, if it's all right with Bruce.
I expect it will be since you stated so clearly, that you do not speak for him.?
The appropriate venue for discussing Doug's ideas is the LRC website that Doug put a great deal of effort into creating, specifically for that purpose. In the 20 years I've been running the RS2 forum, I have not once posted my theories to Doug's site, in order not to confuse those that were interested in it. I would expect that same courtesy to be reciprocated here.

Doug, if you are no long able or willing to maintain a forum for your research on your own website, I can offer to create a distinct forum category specifically for your work here.
Every dogma has its day...
SiteAdmin
Site Admin

Post by SiteAdmin »

dbundy wrote:Sorry, Horace. I just spent a long time writing the explanation out in detail and lost it when I went to preview it, because my login had timed out!!!
I just checked and the "editing time limit" feature is disabled (allowing unlimited editing time). phpBB is controlled by "cookies," so your browser may have expired the cookie (session cookie timeout), causing the failure. A simple way around this is just to hit "Preview" every now and then while you are typing, which will keep the cookie active. Most of the browsers delete session cookies about every 30 minutes, unless you go into the advanced configuration and change that setting. (This is done by default because most people never actually log out of a session, and it is a security risk.)
Horace

Post by Horace »

bperet wrote: The appropriate venue for discussing Doug's ideas is the LRC website that Doug put a great deal of effort into creating, specifically for that purpose. In the 20 years I've been running the RS2 forum, I have not once posted my theories to Doug's site, in order not to confuse those that were interested in it. I would expect that same courtesy to be reciprocated here.
But does that mean that Doug cannot post in the General Discussion forum at all?

What is exactly not welcomed here: Doug or his ideas?. If it is the latter, then which of his ideas are banned in the General Discussion forum?
Is it the (s3/t3) progression, reversals without Birotation, omission of P.G., or others... ?

Can he post in this topic if he behaves (i.e. does not mention the banned concepts) ?
Can I discuss relativity of direction and directional normalization with him in this topic ?

Without him I would have had nobody to talk to on my level in the last week :(
Horace

Post by Horace »

bperet wrote: The appropriate venue for discussing Doug's ideas is the LRC website that Doug put a great deal of effort into creating, specifically for that purpose. In the 20 years I've been running the RS2 forum, I have not once posted my theories to Doug's site, in order not to confuse those that were interested in it. I would expect that same courtesy to be reciprocated here.
But does that mean that Doug is not expected to post in the General Discussion forum at all?

What exactly is not welcomed here: Doug or his ideas?. If it is the latter, then which of his ideas are banned in the General Discussion forum?
Is it the (s3/t3) progression, reversals without Birotation, rotational base, omission of P.G., or others... ?

Can he post in this topic if he behaves (i.e. does not mention the banned concepts) ?
Can I discuss relativity of direction and directional normalization with him in this topic ?

Without him I would have had nobody to challenge me in the last week :(
bperet wrote: I can offer to create a distinct forum category specifically for your work here.
That's better than nothing
bperet wrote: I just checked and the "editing time limit" feature is disabled (allowing unlimited editing time). phpBB is controlled by "cookies," so your browser may have expired the cookie (session cookie timeout), causing the failure.
I just checked and my Firefox, in its default configuration, does not expire session cookies.
Could a momentary loss of the Internet connection cause such data loss and cause the "<< BACK" browser button to not be able to recover the typed text ?
dbundy

Post by dbundy »

Thanks Bruce. I can understand the problem, and I don't want to add confusion.

My site has horrible forum software. If you were to be so kind as to set up a special forum here that could be used to discuss my work, I would appreciate it very much.

I am grateful for Horace's interest in my work and love to discuss it with him, but I don't want to cause confusion. The text I lost was careful to explain that.

Thanks again.
bperet

Post by bperet »

dbundy wrote:My site has horrible forum software. If you were to be so kind as to set up a special forum here that could be used to discuss my work, I would appreciate it very much.
Please provide me with a name for the forum and a short description to go with it, and I'll create it.
Horace wrote:I just checked and my Firefox, in its default configuration, does not expire session cookies.
Could a momentary loss of the Internet connection cause such data loss and cause the "<< BACK" browser button to not be able to recover the typed text ?
No, the session cookie is stored in the browser itself, so it survives a disconnect. Closing the browser will cause a logout. I will look further into the issue to see if I can figure it out.
dbundy

Post by dbundy »

Bruce wrote:
Please provide me with a name for the forum and a short description to go with it, and I'll create it.
Ok, great.

The name: "LRC Research"

Description: "Discussion of Larson Research Center work."

Thanks Bruce.
PJ_Finnegan

Post by PJ_Finnegan »

Horace wrote:There is no substitute for reading the originals. Subatomic particles are on page 145. I could not do them justice as well as Dewy or Doug, anyway.
Thanks. That raises another observation: since the particle types in the MS are finite and the combinations of the three motion values are infinite (2N^3), it descends that only a few "points" in the TU have correspondance with MS's particle types, most of them being "useless". i.e. with no real physical interpretation. What's your take about this?
bperet

Post by bperet »

PJ_Finnegan wrote:That raises another observation: since the particle types in the MS are finite and the combinations of the three motion values are infinite (2N^3), it descends that only a few "points" in the TU have correspondance with MS's particle types, most of them being "useless". i.e. with no real physical interpretation. What's your take about this?
First, the number of rotational combinations is finite, as are all structures in the RS. This is a consequence of having a datum of unity 1/1, and the reciprocal of 1/1 is still 1/1. Conventional science uses a datum of zero, so 0/1 = 0 and 1/0 = infinity. That situation does not arise in the RS. All rotational combinations result in distinct and identifiable particles and atoms.

Second, we are limited to three dimensions to express the motion, behavior and properties of any atom or particle, which means there are a limited number of possibilities of that expression--also finite. Larson points this out with atomic numbers, the maximum possible atomic number being 117.

Of course, there's been a lot of talk about finding Organesson (element 118)--three whole atoms, I hear, that disappeared as quickly as they were formed. Temporary structures CAN be created in the RS that exceed the rotational limit, but are very unstable and break down to stable structures. This is obvious with the isotopic mass limit (236 amu), and any particle that exceeds it enters radioactive decay to get below it. Organesson indeed breaks down to 116 -> 114 -> 112 -> 2(56) in less than a millisecond.
Horace

Post by Horace »

bperet wrote: In order to extract conventional dimensions from the RS dimensions of motion, three things are needed (described in detail elsewhere): an observer, something to observe and a second "something to observe" to act as a reference to define which way is "up."
Where exactly?