Picture of a Hydrogen atom!!!

Discussion concerning the first major re-evaluation of Dewey B. Larson's Reciprocal System of theory, updated to include counterspace (Etheric spaces), projective geometry, and the non-local aspects of time/space.
Detrix

Picture of a Hydrogen atom!!!

Post by Detrix »

Greetings, I just got this off of Google+. and here is the article on it.

The First Image Ever of a Hydrogen Atom's Orbital Structure

They talk about wave functions. I believe this further supports the Reciprocal System.
hydrogen-bigpic.png
hydrogen-bigpic.png (269.93 KiB) Viewed 9832 times
bperet

Hydrogen photo

Post by bperet »

Have you read the description of how the "detector" works? Namely, a high-energy laser blasting the atom to free an electron, then Stark splitting it up to impact a plate.

If I were to use that quantum technology to take a picture of an apple, I'd get a bucket of apples, load them into a cannon one at a time, fire the cannon at a metal screen, then take a picture of the apple sauce splattered on the wall after the bucket was empty.

So the question is... is apple sauce the wave function of an apple?
Every dogma has its day...
Detrix

crude

Post by Detrix »

Crude but understandable. The applesause may not be the wave function, but it is what the apple is made of. if a single photon can go through two slits (as in the experiment where single photons produce a pattern), then perhaps the wave function of the photon going around a sphere (the hydrogen atom) could produce a circular pattern.

It seems to me, that the scientific community will eventually discover that Dewey was right.
rossum

But it actually works...

Post by rossum »

Two papers by K.V.K. Nehru seem to fully justify the usage of the Schrodinger equation on the atomic scale, especially in the case of hydrogen atom. The difference between main stream view seems to be only in the interpretation, but there have been an argument around the interpretation of QM ever since the DeBroglie hypotheses first time appeared and it is not nearly closed, so that is nothning disturbing.

So if the predictions of RS through adopted equations of QM are the same, why such an answer? How else should they do the experiment to test their theory?