The Problem with i

Discussion concerning the first major re-evaluation of Dewey B. Larson's Reciprocal System of theory, updated to include counterspace (Etheric spaces), projective geometry, and the non-local aspects of time/space.
bperet

It's all slopes

Post by bperet »

That depends if the "progression of the natural reference system" is 1-dimensional or 3-dimensional. See this link. If the progression is assumed to be 1D then it begs the question "is the progression a sequence of positions along a line" ?
I am currently using the 3D dimensional datum as the origin of dimensionality, which works quite well in my simulation study. It splits into a digital-analog system, 3D ⇒ 2D (magnetic) ⇒ 1D (electric) ⇒ 0D (location), discrete steps.

3D ⇒ 4D... ad infinitum, cannot be represented in quantum space, so it ends up being an infinitesimal series, giving the appearance of an analog waveform.
If "yes" then this is not thinking in terms of "speed only" but in terms of succession of positions in some kind of container.
I have found that thinking in terms of slope, rather than coordinates, helps to overcome that difficulty. It's all deltas in the natural reference system, starting at the top with the cross-ratio (delta from reference speed to scalar speed).
It will be very hard to draw anything before the concepts of RS2 start yielding points and positions :(
You aren't kidding there! But in order to get points and positions, you have to create the "clock" to do the normalizations for Euclidean projection into the coordinate system. Once you get over the conceptual hurdle that things like "unit speed" and the "unit boundary" are just clock functions imposed on a varying scale, it becomes fairly easy to get the points and directions.
Every dogma has its day...
Horace

Yeah, I know.

Post by Horace »

Yeah, I know.

It took me years to stop thinking about the unit boundary as some kind of a wall. I still do not know how to illustrate this concept in order to communicate it to others. But I think it is important to develop a method for this.

My personal breakthrough came when I was playing with magnets at a boring party where nobody knew how to dance (just jump up and down, not necessarily with the rithm of the music) and then it came to me that two pieces of metal would behave exactly like these two magnets, if the time around them was slowed down locally, because this would create an illusion that it takes longer and longer to get them closer and that would appear like repulsion.

I don't necessarily recommend this line of thinking to everyone.