The Datums of Science

Discussion concerning the first major re-evaluation of Dewey B. Larson's Reciprocal System of theory, updated to include counterspace (Etheric spaces), projective geometry, and the non-local aspects of time/space.
bperet

The Datums of Science

Post by bperet »

One of the features of Larson's Reciprocal System of theory is that it has multiple datums, a standard or position of measurement. In the scalar realm, the datum is unity, essentially where "all is one." In the coordinate reference systems, the datum is zero, which is basically an offset, displacement or differential (difference) from one point to another. For example, in a coordinate system the "zero" can appear anywhere, as it is defined by the observer. Typically, it is the Self--something is "that far" from me. "Self" come in different levels, the personal, familial, cultural, societal, species, planetary... one defines "zero" based on their frame of reference. If someone asks the question, "Where are you from?", your answer depends on the level you are in. If you are near home, you'll name a town or city. If in another State, you'll tell your State name, if in another country, you'll answer with your country and, of course, if off-world, you'll say you're an Earthling.

Our scientific knowledge is also based on a type of "datum," one that is defined by the environment in which we live and exist. Some Native Americans tribes believe that humanity was divided into four colors: red, white, yellow and black. Each color had a specific spiritual purpose to research one of the ancient elements... Red, the Native Americans, were to research earth to learn of plants and animals and how things grow. White, caucasians, were to research fire--combustion, electricity and all that is "hot". Yellow, the orientals, were to research air, the energetic and non-local expressions of the physical, commonly referred to as the metaphysical. Black researched water, the forms, flows and patterns that express themselves as sympathy, harmony and dissonance.

Though all the people of Earth contributed to current scientific knowledge, it is apparent that the bulk of that knowledge is the knowledge of fire--our industrial society is based upon the principles of combustion and electricity, the yang aspect of energy production. The yin aspect, often referred to as an "aether physics," typically goes unaccepted by conventional, fire-based physicists. However, this does not mean such sciences exist--they DO, but have a different Scientific Datum--a different reference from where and how we measure and utilize the space and time about us.

RS2 recognizes that space is yang (linear, evolutive) and time is yin (rotational, involutive), at least from our spatial perspective. But what kind of science would a culture create that has a temporal perspective, rather than a spatial one? It would be reciprocal of conventional science. All that is "local" in science would become non-local in a temporal science and vice-versa. Vibrations, patterns and force fields would be the basis for such a science, countering the atoms, structures and pressures of space. A few reseachers have experimented in this realm, such as Viktor Schauberger with his implosion vortices or John Worrell Keely and his vibratory physics--with some remarkable results. KVK Nehru's research into birotation, non-locality and the use of complex quantities in his papers on the Reciprocal System was an indirect attempt to incorporate some of the temporal/yin concepts into Larson's yang-based research that proved remarkably successful--at least to those who comprehended it! When all that is taught is a single way to think in our schools and Universities, contemplating its reciprocal can be a challenge.

I have recently had the opportunity to investigate a different scientific datum, that of a yin-water based theory, which is quite the conjugate of our yang-fire conventional science. I can speak from personal experience that it is difficult to comprehend, as one needs to be more of a musician than a mechanic to get the basis of it. But it has gotten me thinking--there may be FOUR different "sciences", based on different scientific datums, using the ancient, alchemical elements as a foundation: our conventional, yang-fire science, a yin-water science, a yang-air science and a yin-earth science.

I remember when I first encountered Dewey Larson and the Reciprocal System, he literally blew my mind with his idea that "light" was still, and it was everything else that was moving. We were crashing into the photons, unable to move from their position on the natural reference system, through our inward motion of gravitation. I was determined to comprehend that and it took a while, but it certainly opened my mind and allowed me to see different perspectives--not only in physics, but everthing in life. There is a symmetry to things, a concept that we here in Western civilization tend to be ignorant of because English is not a "gendered" language--we don't see the yin/yang and oppositions--it all looks the same on the surface.

This recent opportunity has done it to me again... I've never been much for music, poetry or the more "flowing" aspects of things, so a study of it may reveal much more about the other side of the Reciprocal System, the non-local and Cosmic aspects to force fields and phenomenon that are based in vibration, oscillation and patterns. So I thought I'd start a topic to discuss these other scientific datums, as the concepts are still a bit mysterious to me. To see someone tap a disk with a hammer, where the vibration somehow becomes self-reinforcing to make the disk spin and accelerate--WITHOUT any motors or sources of power--well, mind-blowing at least, bordering on magical.

As Arthur C. Clarke said in his three laws:
  1. When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is possible, he is almost certainly right; when he states that something is impossible, he is probably wrong.
  2. The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
  3. Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
And I'll add one more...
  1. Any sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology.
Every dogma has its day...