Question about photon energy

This forum is dedicated to the student just starting out with the concepts of the Reciprocal System, or RS2. Questions and clarifications for the RS/RS2 concepts go here; please place new ideas and commentary in the appropriate RS2 fora.
blaine

Re: Question about photon energy

Post by blaine »

I've been having similar difficulties figuring this out. I had a few ideas but I don't think they are right.

1. A guess for electron excitation: In Larson's model, you have a vibration that is rotated. This vibration is always assumed to be 2/1 for material atoms and 1/2 for cosmic (to negate the 1/2 or 2/1 rotation for the base rotational unit). What if the vibration is 3/1, 4/1, etc? The issue with this is that it simply increases the overall energy of the unit unbounded, whereas electric excited states will have some sort of 1 - 1/n^2 scaling in energy (ie it approaches a constant, and once it reaches that constant it ionizes the electron).

2. A guess for nuclear excitation / isomers: Note that nuclear excitation only occurs in helium and above. This makes me think its a property of the birotation. What if its a relative vibration between the two rotating components? The harmonics come from the fact that it is N multiples of the overall rotational path (this would relate to the number of radians required to have one full rotational cycle). If this is the case, we'd expect the elements with equal magnetic numbers and 0 electric displacement to have much high energy nuclear excitation states since their "rotational path" is just a circle, so 2pi radians. In general to find the full rotational path you have to find the least common multiple of the inverse of the rotational speeds. For example: a displacement of 2-1-0 has a 1/3 rotation and a 1/2 rotation, so 3 and 2 units of time to complete a full rotation in each rotational plane, meaning 6 units of time to come back to its initial location. That means a vibration along that path could have a speed of N/6 (or perhaps 2N/6?). Whereas a displacement of 2-2-0 only has 3 time units for a vibration to take place in (LCM of 3 and 3 is 3).

The problem with that idea is a) I don't think it account for the complexity of the nuclear data and b) I don't know if such a vibration is possible without destroying the stability of the double rotating unit (both units need not interfere with each other and they already are composed of a rotating vibrating unit...). Perhaps b) isn't an issue in RS2 since rotation is primary?

Another idea I had which would require throwing out much of Larson's work on the periodic table is what if you can have triple and, in general, N-tuple rotational units? A triple rotating unit might require each of the speeds to be at least 1/3, so you have enough time to get three units in there.
bperet

Re: Question about photon energy

Post by bperet »

Have you read my tutorial paper on dimensions? They address the possible rotational combinations.

RS2-109: Dimensional Thinking ( Peret, Bruce )
Every dogma has its day...