Reciprocity, non locality and the double slit experiment

This forum is dedicated to the student just starting out with the concepts of the Reciprocal System, or RS2. Questions and clarifications for the RS/RS2 concepts go here; please place new ideas and commentary in the appropriate RS2 fora.
BecomingPhill

Reciprocity, non locality and the double slit experiment

Post by BecomingPhill »

Hi

Noob question it might be a real stretch, I was going through the RS video tutorials again and noticed that the slide shown on the reciprocal origins at around 7 mins reminded me of the double slit experiement. I was wondering whether observations of physical universe and subsequent calculations or derivations thereof using spatial (coordinate s/t) and temporal (coordinate t/s) reference systems are in any way related to the difference (or gaping chasm if you prefer) between general relativity and quantum mechanics? It seems to relate to what Gopi is explaining on that lesson on local spatial coordinate points of origin being non local in temporal coordinate reference systems and light reflecting interference or coherent patterns depending on observation.

sort of like: when we detect the light at the slit, the 'information' attached to it is measured within spatial reference system giving the coherent pattern (relativistic) and when it's not detected the information aspect is left a variable and it goes all over the place in temporal coordinate space (quantum)?
bperet

QM

Post by bperet »

are in any way related to the difference (or gaping chasm if you prefer) between general relativity and quantum mechanics?
I would recommend Nehru's paper on Quantum Mechanic as the Mechanics of the Time Region.
Every dogma has its day...
Gopi

General relativity and

Post by Gopi »

General relativity and quantum mechanics are said to be incompatible in current theory mainly because of their starting assumptions, which are incompatible. General relativity has to do with taking the effect of scalar outward motion on the movements of the planets, while quantum mechanics has to do with the effect of inward scalar motion in the time domain.

"Information" is a tough term to work with, as it presumes an "informant" and an "informee". And it is the interaction that is highlighted in the double slit experiments. With interaction: uncorrelated, particle nature. Without interaction: the original, correlated, wave nature.

Coherence is not necessarily relativistic... relativity comes into play only if you are measuring speeds of pattern formation. In the double-slit experiment, you are not generally concerned how quickly the pattern forms, but more about which pattern forms.