RS2 Tutorial Book

This forum is dedicated to the student just starting out with the concepts of the Reciprocal System, or RS2. Questions and clarifications for the RS/RS2 concepts go here; please place new ideas and commentary in the appropriate RS2 fora.
bperet

Re: RS2 Tutorial Book

Post by bperet » Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:08 pm

Horace wrote:Also, for me another bad thing was the choice to use the word "displacement" instead of "deviation".
What about a more mathematical term, such as "delta?"
Every dogma has its day...

janto

Post by janto » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:28 am

Bruce, just a quick question. What happened to the "RS2 Theory" introduction which used to be here? http://rs2theory.org/book/export/html/353

I saved a PDF of it all when it was still online, and happened to reference some of it's introduction for some other research I'm looking into, but am unable to find a link to it on the new RS website. Whilst it may not be what you have in mind for your tutorial, I would appreciate having it available as a real, downloadable, properly formatted PDF paper, which can be referenced by title, authors, and link. Any chance you could revive (revise) it?

At the time when I first looked into RS after reading daniel's early papers, found the RS2 Theory introduction quite effective at helping me to understand some of the more basic, fundamental concepts which a newbie is confronted with, and could relate to a lot of the fundamentals through professional experience with computer graphics. IOW, it helped to make RS2 more accessible.

bperet

Post by bperet » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:35 am

janto wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:28 am
Bruce, just a quick question. What happened to the "RS2 Theory" introduction which used to be here?
I'll get a PDF made of it and put it on the main site. (Been working on getting the back-issues of Reciprocity out).
Every dogma has its day...

Detrix

Post by Detrix » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:18 pm

I think the biggest hurdle, for those who have never heard of Larson's theory, is the concept of "motion" without a physical object moving. This is a very difficult thing to wrap ones brain around. I actually understand it, but to explain it to others... :roll:

Sun

Post by Sun » Thu May 18, 2017 3:51 am

I've been gone through posts on Antiquatis trying to learn some history of RS2. It turns out to be very helpful to comprehand RS theory. Perhaps it is better to include the history of RS2 development.
Still a rookie but i finally reallize that the world being linear is not because it is linear but we observe it as linear. The need for using quaterion and octonion is so natural. From the spatial perspective, the polar aspect of unit motion creates a plane for the force field to play. Locations and geometry are just the observer effect. It seems to me Larson did not clarify where he stand as an observer, instead he switched back and forth from spatial to temporal all the time which brought me a lot of confusion.
So I suggest describing things from the spatial perspective as far as possible since we don't have a functional pineal gland. Such thing like natural reference system is really not helpful.

dave432

Post by dave432 » Fri May 19, 2017 12:41 pm

Thought it would be a good idea to make a copy of the RS2 Theory introduction a long time ago, if you still need a PDF version I could send it. No Internet at home so I make PDFs to read offline.
"just down the road a little way, turn left, cross the drawbridge, and you will be my guest tonight."
-- directions to the grail castle. We'll have some toast.