RS2 Tutorial Book

This forum is dedicated to the student just starting out with the concepts of the Reciprocal System, or RS2. Questions and clarifications for the RS/RS2 concepts go here; please place new ideas and commentary in the appropriate RS2 fora.
bperet

Re: RS2 Tutorial Book

Post by bperet » Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:08 pm

Horace wrote:Also, for me another bad thing was the choice to use the word "displacement" instead of "deviation".
What about a more mathematical term, such as "delta?"
Every dogma has its day...

janto

Post by janto » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:28 am

Bruce, just a quick question. What happened to the "RS2 Theory" introduction which used to be here? http://rs2theory.org/book/export/html/353

I saved a PDF of it all when it was still online, and happened to reference some of it's introduction for some other research I'm looking into, but am unable to find a link to it on the new RS website. Whilst it may not be what you have in mind for your tutorial, I would appreciate having it available as a real, downloadable, properly formatted PDF paper, which can be referenced by title, authors, and link. Any chance you could revive (revise) it?

At the time when I first looked into RS after reading daniel's early papers, found the RS2 Theory introduction quite effective at helping me to understand some of the more basic, fundamental concepts which a newbie is confronted with, and could relate to a lot of the fundamentals through professional experience with computer graphics. IOW, it helped to make RS2 more accessible.

bperet

Post by bperet » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:35 am

janto wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:28 am
Bruce, just a quick question. What happened to the "RS2 Theory" introduction which used to be here?
I'll get a PDF made of it and put it on the main site. (Been working on getting the back-issues of Reciprocity out).
Every dogma has its day...

Detrix

Post by Detrix » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:18 pm

I think the biggest hurdle, for those who have never heard of Larson's theory, is the concept of "motion" without a physical object moving. This is a very difficult thing to wrap ones brain around. I actually understand it, but to explain it to others... :roll: