wsitze

Re: Logo

Post by wsitze »

I like it! I do agree with you on the font
Graybeard
Djchrismac

Post by Djchrismac »

wsitze wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:35 pm I like it! I do agree with you on the font
Cool, I agree I liked the simplicity but the font annoyed me, so I found a better one and came up with this, let me know what you think...

RSRS logo 5.0.jpg
RSRS logo 5.0.jpg (73.88 KiB) Viewed 21029 times

Colours are open to change apart from the two colour spectrums of course. I like how the RS hint at yin-yang and it has a nice symmetry. It can also be easily simplified by removing the reciprocal system text or even the two RGB/CMY shapes to leave an RS tennis ball shape.
bperet

Post by bperet »

Djchrismac wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:47 pm Colours are open to change apart from the two colour spectrums of course. I like how the RS hint at yin-yang and it has a nice symmetry. It can also be easily simplified by removing the reciprocal system text or even the two RGB/CMY shapes to leave an RS tennis ball shape.
Looking good... I would alter the color positions to match the rotational systems of the photon.

RGB should actually be RGV (violet) and the center should be white, which is what you get when light passes through a slit.

CMY center should be black, a cast shadow. (It is actually CMYK, were "K" is black.)

When light splits, yellow and red pair up, as to cyan and violet. So I would suggest this order of the "leaves":

Top: red, yellow
Middle: green, magenta
Bottom: violet, cyan

That way, the horizontal does the r/y and v/c pairing and the g/m, being the odd ones out, are off to the sides. Perhaps make the center fill area a 50% gray as a neutral point, which might also make more of a "unit circle" out of the four, inner colors.

Don't have to stick with an elliptical shape, as there is a lot of wasted area. Perhaps something along the lines of a "badge"?

I used a paint program to modify your logo to demonstrate... just hacked together, not precise:
Badge logo
Badge logo
logo.jpg (17.16 KiB) Viewed 21006 times
You can see how the gray brings out the "inner circle" of spectrum color, while green/magenta stick out in that orthogonal dimension that only shows up at a specific distance from a prism... white becomes green and black becomes magenta. I fit the text (Babylon 5 font) into the available space, so the overall shape may need some work. Used the "Arc Upper" text modifier in Photoshop to bend the text (arc on top, flat on bottom).

Would also make a nice patch for caps and shirts!
Every dogma has its day...
wsitze

Post by wsitze »

I think we're getting there!
Graybeard