Horn Torus

Discussion concerning other (non-RS) systems of theory and the insights obtained from them, as applied to the developing RS2 theory.
blaine

Horn Torus

Post by blaine »

Lately I've been thinking about using horn tori to model spacetime. The horn torus is like a donut that doesnt quite form a hole because the surface meets at a single point at the center. The motivation for this came from several things:

Philosophically we have the concept that everything comes from one thing. That one thing is modelled by the horn torus as its center where all points on its surface meet.

We also have the idea that the universe is holographic; that any point in the universe contains the whole universe. This is reflected in the fact that the point refers to the singularity of the horn torus, and all motions of the universe are modelled as horn tori of various sizes and rotational speeds.

In RS, everything is calculated by boiling the motions involved down to the scalar motion between the entities of interest. If you imagine the nested tori representing your particles interacting, with their common point being at the singularity, then the interaction may be related to lines running around the two tori (this would correspond to spacial position) with different speeds and how often these lines meet at the center would relate to the interaction strength. Using Larson's discrete unit postulate and thinking about the different rotations available to an n-dimensional torus its easy to envision the different particles as tori rotating with their given displacement from unity along the different dimensions.

I need to think about it more to identify light, the subatomic particles, and whatnot but I'm thinking it might map nicely to Larson's atomic model. My hope is that if I can identify the various particles and elements with horn tori it will lead to possibly elucidating the mechanism for secondary mass effects. I think the key to understanding the secondary mass effects lies in understanding the relationship between the energy of light, a 2-D vibration, and the energy of matter, a 3D rotational motion. Right now that is set using Avogadro's number (which is measured with the ratio between the electron mass which is a calculated value and the electron weight relative to Carbon 12 which can be found with cyclotron experiments) but the problem is we need a theoretical mass value of carbon 12 and electron mass in natural units before we can get a precise conversion into human units. If the secondary mass effect is small for the electron and carbon 12 then the current value for the natural unit of mass is fine. But that still doesn't explain why it takes a photon with energy 511 keV (with a diplacement of several thousand space units) to equal the energy in a single spacial rotational displacement (electron). Perhaps this ratio relates to the size of the universe, since gravity is acting on all other masses in the universe? How does the fine structure constant relate?

The horn torus idea is in its infancy, but I thought it was amusing that I found this site after looking into what has been researched on the subject: http://www.horntorus.com/ He even has some "hints" for how scientists can use such a system: http://www.horntorus.com/text/conspectus.html
Perhaps I should email the author of this site asking if he has ever heard of the Reciprocal System!