Meditation

Discussion concerning other (non-RS) systems of theory and the insights obtained from them, as applied to the developing RS2 theory.
Little Dragon

Meditation

Post by Little Dragon »

Just thought I'd open the topic to see if anyone had anything to say. Most writers seem to believe that's its a necessary part of moving into transpersonal awareness. It is being discussed in other threads, I was hoping to centralize the discussion.

Ra states there are two basic types, quieting the mind and visualization. Both would seem to break the internal chatter that goes on in our heads.

Buddism, from my understanding, is mostly quieting.

Ken Wilber writes about the more active visualiztions.

The topic is wide open. What do you do? What is a good starting practice? How does it "build"? What is its purpose? What are some online referrances? etc.
Alluvion

Meditation

Post by Alluvion »

my understanding of buddhist meditation is that it breaks into two 'schools':

learning to quiet the mind, and learning to focus the mind - so concentration on no ONE thing(dhyana) and concentration on specifically one thing (vipassana). Dhyana is the method described in the allegories of the sakyamuni-buddha's enlightement and later in his teachings as vipassana, which also become the generator for asian zen-buddhism, which later divided into two practices (both chinese and japanese):

that of mind focusing activities such as za-zen, focusing on cultivating discipline that gradually leads to realization; and 'active' practices that bring the mind meditatively(mindfully) to everyday activities, beleiving that instantaneous insight is more valued than any constructed system (the schools of gradual enlightenment) aimed at insight.

I personally think a balance is needed so that stillness of body and mind have their prime time during the day, and also that these practices (such as following the breath, conditions of the breath, etc, or counting from 0 to 10 repeatedly) should be brought to everyday experiences like brushing ones teeth, eating a meal, driving the car, buying a coffee, etc - that one one devotes time purely towards bringing mindfulness to the experiences of the self so that these expreinces are available for conscious acknowledgement and understanding, and also so that one brings mindfulness, even if just gentley, to the mundane world, so that this world and its experiences are also brought through mindfulness to a place of mental acknowledgement and understanding. When mindfulness is the quality of experience it allows one to comprehend and decide about the information they are processing. I actually wrote about this in a paper recently but my memory fails me, and were I on my personal computer I could easily cut and paste.

Basically, I think both are necessary and the most can be gained by utilizing specific "meditation" time and technqiues but also allows these techniques to gentley arise during the hustle and bustle of everyday life. Ah it just came to me: by practicing techniques of mindfulness during the 'day' one quites the mental static, letting one analyze and asses experience - this allows one to view what the self is up to during the day when its perofmring habitually, even revealing these habits anchored deep in the subconsicouss. One can then be brought to these habits and deep patterns as catalyst - so that gradually and suddenly, one maintains a personality ripe for insight and change.

_Adam
MWells

Meditation

Post by MWells »

My recommendations for starting would include reading these two books on meditation:

Zen Mind, Beginner's Mind

Shunryu Suzuki

Concentration and Meditation: A Manual of Mind Development

Christmas Humphreys

And this book about developing one's faculty of volition:

The Act of Will

Roberto Assagioli, M.D.

The concept of meditation is deceptively simple. But the practice is extremely difficult and uncomfortable (at least for the beginner like me). I think the practice of meditation is, for the mind, analogous to the concept of the body learning to enjoy a better functioning through the discipline of nutritious diet and excercise.
Alluvion

Meditation

Post by Alluvion »

i agree with you zen, and to further:

meditation is a discipline of the mind that brings one too the Lovers archetype - the work of integrating the light and shadow aspects of self. Physically this is the integration, through discipline, of the body as a mortal prison and ultimate freedom. So the discipline of the body and mind stemming from the 'intent' of spirit opens one up to the great ways (chariot, art, universe) of the mind/body/spirit.

so my question is then about the 'disciplines' of the spirit. Is that possible in this realm? Is that the experience of all following realms only?

Thank you both for this post! It continues to keep me thinking.

_Adam
MWells

Meditation

Post by MWells »

ws wrote:
so my question is then about the 'disciplines' of the spirit. Is that possible in this realm?
Anything is possible in this realm. However each realm is a "realm" because it is conducive to a certain way of expression. You, being the creator, can potentially express all (for example, the full spectrum of intelligent energy) - while a realm, is amenable or congruent with an certain aspect of the all. For example, the Earth, at this time, nutures the mind-knowing-the-mind (yellow ray) which is the "illusion" that zazen and other practices seek to experience more objectively through understanding and experience of non-attachment.

I look at the "veil" as the illusion custom-matched to your personal mind complex, that the state of "living in the now" can penetrate. But to do this while in yellow ray body, one must first have developed a world view of mind, that can support itself while not in yellow ray. This is a mind that has individuated from the "collective unconscious" (mythologies, fashion, culture) - a mind that has taken advantage of the planetary yellow ray opportunities and learned to know itself to a certain extent. Individuation is why it is possible to have a SMC while in 3rd density.
Alluvion

Meditation

Post by Alluvion »

zenmaster wrote:
ws wrote:
so my question is then about the 'disciplines' of the spirit. Is that possible in this realm?
Anything is possible in this realm. However each realm is a "realm" because it is conducive to a certain way of expression. You, being the creator, can potentially express all (for example, the full spectrum of intelligent energy) - while a realm, is amenable or congruent with an certain aspect of the all. For example, the Earth, at this time, nutures the mind-knowing-the-mind (yellow ray) which is the "illusion" that zazen and other practices seek to experience more objectively through understanding and experience of non-attachment.

alrighty then, would you say that this 'realm' then nurtures the mind as it occurs according to each chakric principle? or density 'principle' ? I assume it does because, to use ra, the body is a creature of the mind - so the mind as it occurs at each density, mostly those below the third, are able to be known. Meditation disciplines the mind to know itself so it can move beyond these current densities, so that spirit can know spirit?

I look at the "veil" as the illusion custom-matched to your personal mind complex, that the state of "living in the now" can penetrate. But to do this while in yellow ray body, one must first have developed a world view of mind, that can support itself while not in yellow ray.

can you give more on how you think meditation, disciplining the mind, creates and sustains that world view and what you think happens to the 'conditions' created by the yellow ray body once it is in potentiation, and the heart becomes 'tangible' ?

>>>This is a mind that has individuated from the "collective unconscious" (mythologies, fashion, culture) - a mind that has taken advantage of the planetary yellow ray opportunities and learned to know itself to a certain extent. Individuation is why it is possible to have a SMC while in 3rd density.
so meditation allows one to bring clarity to the mind, of the self - particularly, how to survive (red ray), how to gather personal power and what to do with it (yellow ray) and how to express the self with/within creation (blue ray). What do you think the relationship of the mind and the spirit are to each of the 'principles' of the chakras?

_adam
MWells

Meditation

Post by MWells »

ws wrote:
alrighty then, would you say that this 'realm' then nurtures the mind as it occurs according to each chakric principle? or density 'principle' ? I assume it does because, to use ra, the body is a creature of the mind - so the mind as it occurs at each density, mostly those below the third, are able to be known.
When I say 'nuture', I mean it provides an environment conducive to development or actualization. For the energies that are 'activated' in this local Earth realm, the entire m/b/s complex participates with it.
ws wrote:
Meditation disciplines the mind to know itself so it can move beyond these current densities, so that spirit can know spirit?
Meditation is a discipline that tends to result in more clarity and awareness of thought. So consider the way that clarity and awareness of thought work in the development of understanding. Understanding leads to a way that spirit can be more connected to the mind, and that then results in the ability to "harvest" to a new density as the instreaming energy patterns change or even to self harvest.
zm wrote:
I look at the "veil" as the illusion custom-matched to your personal mind complex, that the state of "living in the now" can penetrate. But to do this while in yellow ray body, one must first have developed a world view of mind, that can support itself while not in yellow ray.
ws wrote:
can you give more on how you think meditation, disciplining the mind, creates and sustains that world view ?
I don't see meditation as specifically creating or sustaining a world view. A particular meditation practice is just a "Way" to experience and assimilate consciousness. A world view is created from intent, will and desire to know. The world view is a learn/teach and teach/learn thing, while meditation is more like tuning a car or finding a harmony in the mind.

You know how there are these logos principles which directly result in your experiental process of the matrix, potentiator, catalyst, experience, significator, transformation, etc...? Meditation practices can provide the conditions for these to work with less distortion caused by identification with the illusion.
Ws wrote:
and what you think happens to the 'conditions' created by the yellow ray body once it is in potentiation, and the heart becomes 'tangible'
I'm not quite sure what you are asking here. If yellow ray is in potentiation (or not actively processed) in the local environment, then any yellow ray conditions are going to be created by what the entity or I suppose group of entities are able to manifest with that part of the spectrum.
zm wrote:
This is a mind that has individuated from the "collective unconscious" (mythologies, fashion, culture) - a mind that has taken advantage of the planetary yellow ray opportunities and learned to know itself to a certain extent. Individuation is why it is possible to have a SMC while in 3rd density.
ws wrote:
so meditation allows one to bring clarity to the mind, of the self - particularly, how to survive (red ray), how to gather personal power and what to do with it (yellow ray) and how to express the self with/within creation (blue ray).
With the addition of the other chakras.
ws wrote:
What do you think the relationship of the mind and the spirit are to each of the 'principles' of the chakras?
This is a good question, and one that may need to be qualified futher. I can't see this relationship as something that can be diagrammed because the relationship is going to be unique, dynamic and ad hoc. But the answer seems to depend entirely upon "what is important to an entity", because the relationship of principle and entity is one of total free will. All of the principles are available to an entity, and the main relationship I've found is where these principles are adjusting in accordance to the needs and desires of an entity. So the principles are in infinite variation and combination.

But there are natural laws in the universe. The development of consciousness seems to follow a linear progression through the densities. Each density is a realm that emphasises the development and experience of a particular principle. So you always tend to find yourself as a part of the universe where you fit most appropriately.
Alluvion

Meditation

Post by Alluvion »

zenmaster wrote:
So consider the way that clarity and awareness of thought work in the development of understanding. Understanding leads to a way that spirit can be more connected to the mind, and that then results in the ability to "harvest" to a new density as the instreaming energy patterns change or even to self harvest.
zm wrote:
Could you talk more about the world view? perhaps even yours? if anyone else is following this and would like to share please do.

zenmaster wrote:
A world view is created from intent, will and desire to know. The world view is a learn/teach and teach/learn thing, while meditation is more like tuning a car or finding a harmony in the mind.

You know how there are these logos principles which directly result in your experiental process of the matrix, potentiator, catalyst, experience, significator, transformation, etc...? Meditation practices can provide the conditions for these to work with less distortion caused by identification with the illusion.
what do you think of this analogy:

harvest is like the examination at the end of a chapter in a physics book, or math book - its still math or physics but the next section of content, though built on whats previously learned, is different material - say going from basic algebra to functions maybe. The situation is that one chapter is ending, residing in potential, while another is becoming the focus of study - kinetic, active. Meditation is 'homework' or 'study' then.

Quote:
If yellow ray is in potentiation (or not actively processed) in the local environment, then any yellow ray conditions are going to be created by what the entity or I suppose group of entities are able to manifest with that part of the spectrum.
ok, so: since we are in a kinetic yellow ray/ kinetic green ray realm at the moment - the principles of the rest of the densities are in potentiation to the degree the entity makes them, so that when the yellow ray vibration becomes potentiated, those entities that have learned enough from this condition and are then carrying the possibility for 'succesful' yellow ray manifestation, and are now opening towards the lessons of unconditional love, learning to deal with that in an 'objective' way the way one learns to deal with ones own power in an 'objective' way in third density ?

zm wrote:
This is a mind that has individuated from the "collective unconscious" (mythologies, fashion, culture) - a mind that has taken advantage of the planetary yellow ray opportunities and learned to know itself to a certain extent.
meaning one carries enough potential personal power to sucessful deal with the active/objective conditions of power in the third density? Basically, we come from the group mind of the second density and carrying that with us are submerged into a realm that, lesson by lesson, calls us to individuate and hold individual power within ourselves - the mental analogy I get is electrical, the different between a third density actualized being and an incarnate third density being is the amount of power one retains. Of course the choice of polarity is how one directs this power. TO further the analogy, the upper echelon of the third density seen from the perspective of a freshly incrnate 3rd density energy is what creates the difference in charge and the amount of energy or work an entity does brings it closer towards qualization, moving towards that point of being a highly actualized individual.

Quote:
But there are natural laws in the universe. The development of consciousness seems to follow a linear progression through the densities. Each density is a realm that emphasises the development and experience of a particular principle. So you always tend to find yourself as a part of the universe where you fit most appropriately.
Seems to, but free will, as you said, lets one begin amassing energy harmonic/resonant with densities beyond the current or preceeding density.

thank you again zen,

hope everyone had a swell holiday. Best wishes of course.

_Adam
MWells

Meditation

Post by MWells »

ws wrote:
Could you talk more about the world view?
In the Ra Material, Ra spoke about the "incarnational experiential process of each mind/body/spirit complex". There is a blueprint or architecture of the nature of evolution as provided by the Logos. The first 7 cards are the archetypes for the mind in relation to this process of evolution. The 4th card, the Emperor, is the the Logos archetype of Experience which is the world view.
ws wrote:
perhaps even yours? if anyone else is following this and would like to share please do.
My world view, or any world view, is simply formed by what comes in through the senses, is consciously processed, and is then uniquely integrated into understanding. It is the learn/teach and teach/learn thing. It is what is known and understood to be true from your perspective of the "One".
ws wrote:
what do you think of this analogy:

harvest is like the examination at the end of a chapter in a physics book, or math book - its still math or physics but the next section of content, though built on whats previously learned, is different material - say going from basic algebra to functions maybe. The situation is that one chapter is ending, residing in potential, while another is becoming the focus of study - kinetic, active.
But the interesting thing is that the same material is always available, regardless of density. So you could also look at it as the same material, but a different classroom setting.
ws wrote:
Meditation is 'homework' or 'study' then.
The 'homework' is what Ra calls 'polarization'. I see meditation more like an attempt to facilitate study or the "experiential process".
zm wrote:
If yellow ray is in potentiation (or not actively processed) in the local environment, then any yellow ray conditions are going to be created by what the entity or I suppose group of entities are able to manifest with that part of the spectrum.
ws wrote:
ok, so: since we are in a kinetic yellow ray/ kinetic green ray realm at the moment - the principles of the rest of the densities are in potentiation to the degree the entity makes them, so that when the yellow ray vibration becomes potentiated, those entities that have learned enough from this condition and are then carrying the possibility for 'succesful' yellow ray manifestation, and are now opening towards the lessons of unconditional love, learning to deal with that in an 'objective' way the way one learns to deal with ones own power in an 'objective' way in third density ?
For the STO type. It's interesting that the green ray doesn't seem to have any other aspect other than objective. From the Ra Material, it seems that the yellow ray body is one that can be manifested from 4th density even though it is not actively supported by the local environment. I suppose this discipline involves some further understanding of the nature of just what the yellow ray means.
zm wrote:
This is a mind that has individuated from the "collective unconscious" (mythologies, fashion, culture) - a mind that has taken advantage of the planetary yellow ray opportunities and learned to know itself to a certain extent.
ws wrote:
meaning one carries enough potential personal power to sucessful deal with the active/objective conditions of power in the third density?
Meaning one has "polarized" to a certain extent. "ability" or "consciousness" seems more appropriate than "power", but same general idea I suppose.
ws wrote:
Basically, we come from the group mind of the second density and carrying that with us are submerged into a realm that, lesson by lesson, calls us to individuate and hold individual power within ourselves - the mental analogy I get is electrical, the different between a third density actualized being and an incarnate third density being is the amount of power one retains. Of course the choice of polarity is how one directs this power.
3rd density is the illusion, of mind becoming aware of itself, that provides catalyst to individuate/polarize. The catalyst is filtered through the 3D veil to become experience or your world view. As your world view becomes more substantial, it changes the nature of that veil so that catalyst is then filtered so as to be acceptable in the STO or STS bias that one increasingly chooses.
ws wrote:
TO further the analogy, the upper echelon of the third density seen from the perspective of a freshly incrnate 3rd density energy is what creates the difference in charge and the amount of energy or work an entity does brings it closer towards qualization, moving towards that point of being a highly actualized individual.
Yes, but I'd replace "upper echelon of third density" with "6th density actualization" or one's whole Self.
zm wrote:
ws wrote:
Seems to, but free will, as you said, lets one begin amassing energy harmonic/resonant with densities beyond the current or preceeding density.
Yes, a lot of ground work in self-understanding is done in 3rd density. It's not like you do 3d incarnational studies for the sole purpose of harvest. You do it to become more of yourself, and this work is retained and of course understood more and more as further work is done in the subsequent densities.
Alluvion

Meditation

Post by Alluvion »

1. Why is the 4th card, the emporer (experience of mind) - the card of the worldview? Looking at the card I read that it is because after processing catalyst one chooses to open or close the heart, choosing side with ones dark or bright sides. So this question brings me back towards the tarot, and I see this post as a meditation of sorts anyways -

1- matrix (conscious mind)

2 - potential (subconscious mind)

3 - catalyst (coupling of 1 and 2, consciouss penetration of the subconsciouss)

(ra describes these as the origional and fundamental archetypes provided for experience in this galaxy, and then after placing the veil these for arise)

4 - expeirence of mind (worldview)

5 - significator of mind (I can't accurately name this)

6 - transformation of mind (work of integratino of dark/bright portions of mind)

7 - great way of mind (I can't accurately name this)

what do you think?

2. can you elaborate a bit more in the teach/learn and learn/teach condition of the world view?

Quote:
For the STO type. It's interesting that the green ray doesn't seem to have any other aspect other than objective.

Quote:
Yes, but I'd replace "upper echelon of third density" with "6th density actualization" or one's whole Self.
- I agree with this, but from the realm of the 3rd density where that which is beyond is invisible it appears as though the 'upper echelon' of third density is the crowning point, but that upper point is in truth a gateway towards evolution. I'll do my best to clarify my analogy: - part of process of becoming an individual is by accumulating enough experience to gather personal power - 'ability' and the responsibilities that come with its use. As second density creatures become individuated, at a basic level, they enter into the the 3rd density realm to learn those lessons that, we as beings of evolution, feel as though are 'called from above' - the upward spiraliing light. That upper point of the third density, where it is a gateway into the 4th and beyond, requires one to incarnate over and over again to amass personal power and retain this core self regardless of the conditions of the incarnation - 'mastery of mind' you might say. The electrical analogy returns once again to the potential difference between two surface, greatly increased by the veil which makes the subconscious even more UNconsciouss. So greater energy is transfered, more work is done (sufficient polarization) because it requires much more work to arc this potential space through that gateway - but what happens is that one begins to actualize other potentiated aspects of self - compassion, for one.

Quote:
Yes, a lot of ground work in self-understanding is done in 3rd density. It's not like you do 3d incarnational studies for the sole purpose of harvest. You do it to become more of yourself, and this work is retained and of course understood more and more as further work is done in the subsequent densities.
I think this is an important part and I forget this most of the time. Its taking me work to calm my monkey mind and pull it away from 'passing the test'. I am going to make fresh post about this, it touches on some other ideas.

_Adam