Ken Wilber' Toward A Comprehensive Theory of Subtle Energies

Discussion concerning other (non-RS) systems of theory and the insights obtained from them, as applied to the developing RS2 theory.
MWells

Ken Wilber' Toward A Comprehensive Theory of Subtle Energies

Post by MWells »

Ken Wilber (philosopher) took a shot at classifying the energy systems/fields without the benefit of the Reciprocal System, but with a good background in psychology, sociology and religion, and perhaps with some occult understanding. So he tries to interpret (or re-interpret) "physical" using quantum physics terms and the non-physical using the Vedanta terms, for example. However he also has done some work with states of consciousness, so an attempt is made to incorporate that into the intrepretation. For example he tries to correlatate States of Consciousness, Stages of Consciousness, and Bodies (or Energies). Then he goes into a taxonomy of the subtle energies using an interesting application of the common "family, genus,species" scheme.

It may be beneficial to compare your work in this same area to see what insights on the nature and relationship of these energies have led to which classifications. I think something like Wilber's "integral approach", which attempts to include "all quadrants, all levels, all lines, all states, all types" when intrepreting anything, such as some kind of physical or metaphysical pheneomenon, a social system, personal state of consciousness, etc., can be a useful way to frame our understanding. This appears to be complimentary to what RS2/Law of One science is attempting to do as well. My past reading of Wilber's work leads me to believe that the two systems might have some things to offer each other

Excerpt G: Toward A Comprehensive Theory of Subtle Energies
http://wilber.shambhala.com/html/books/ ... /part1.cfm