The Missing ‘Etheric Plane’

Discussion concerning other (non-RS) systems of theory and the insights obtained from them, as applied to the developing RS2 theory.
k_nehru

The Missing ‘Etheric Plane’

Post by k_nehru »

The comments of Bruce and Dan concerning Planes have been very perceptive. Can you throw more light on the projective transformation etc. Further, there is more to space and form. Of the five senses---hearing, touch, vision, taste and smell---only vision gives us the perception of spatial form. The sense organs are only the transducers. The real perceiver is CONSCIOUSNESS. The various Planes---the Physical, Astral, Mental, Buddhic, etc.---are actually the functional dimensions of consciousness. The attached article, “Multi-Dimensional Space-time” (‘The Theoscientist,’ X (2), 2002-3, pp. 1-10) endeavors to explain this. It is all a Space-Consciousness Continuum.

Also the Theosophical Teachings identify three distinct primary forces of the LOGOS---Fohat, Maha Prana and Kundalini---not inter-convertible (Slide # 1). While Fohat is the root of all the material forces, Maha Prana the root of living systems---on all the Planes. These two are referred to as the First and the Second Great Outpourings of the LOGOS (Slide # 2), one connected with ‘structure’ and the other with ‘process.’ We might picture the Eternal Motion appearing as Fohat spanning the speed range from zero to one (the Material Sector), and that appearing as Prana from one to infinity (the Cosmic Sector). The LATTER must be the ‘Etheric’ Sector or Plane.

Not only this. Since Space (Time) is a Continuum of Consciousness, it might be pointed out that this division into Material vs. Cosmic Sectors is not just limited only to the Physical Plane but could be applicable to all the higher Planes as well---all the way upto the Adi!

Lastly, a word on the Kingdoms of Life. There are three ‘Elemental Kingdoms’ preceding the Mineral Kingdom (Slide # 3). Then come the Plant, the Animal and the Human Kingdoms. Beyond the Human come three ‘Dhyani-Chohanic’ Kingdoms in ascending order of spiritual stature.

Nehru
Attachments
3 Outpourings & 7 Kingdoms.ppt
(75 KiB) Downloaded 613 times
Multi-Dimensional Space-Time.doc
(92.5 KiB) Downloaded 534 times
k_nehru

Apologies

Post by k_nehru »

I realized with some consternation that in the article “Multi-Dimensional Space-time” there might be some reference(s) to some slides. I should have deleted these references from the article before uploading it, because I didn’t send those referred slides. The slides I did upload along with the article are entirely different. They are not meant for this article but pertain to the comments in the main message. I apologize for the bad confusion this should have caused.

Nehru
k_nehru

More on the 2nd Outpouring

Post by k_nehru »

Some more clarification on Prana (the Cosmic Sector energy) is available from C. Jinarajadasa’s “First Principles of Theosophy,” 1960, pp. 208-212.

“In the seven great planes thus built by the Third Logos, next appears the work of the Second Logos. His energy is essentially of an order best described as Life-Form; with this energy He ensouls the matter of the seven planes, and enables it to build forms which have that mysterious quality which we call “life”. ... ON THE PHYSICAL PLANE, THE EXPRESSION OF THE FORCE OF THE SECOND LOGOS IS PRANA, VITALITY.

“When manifest on the four highest planes of the solar system, this life of the Second Logos is called the Monadic Essence; ... Chain by Chain, the Monadic Essence descends from plane to plane. ... During the period of its growth in higher mental matter, this life of the Second Logos is called the First Elemental Essence; after the end of a Chain, it reappears...and ensouls lower mental matter; at this stage it is called the Second Elemental Essence. At the next Chain, it becomes the matter of the Third Elemental Essence, and ensouls the matter of the astral plane.

“It is this ensouling life of the Second Logos which gives to mental and astral matter their peculiar living quality, so that the faintest vibration caused in the mental world by a thought, or in the astral world by desire, makes the mental and astral matter swiftly generate shapes and forms, and causes it to crystallize into “thought-forms”.”

“...the life of the Second Logos next ensouls physical matter. The first effect of this new ensouling is to give to the chemical elements a power of combination among themselves. While the Third Logos creates hydrogen and oxygen, it is only when the life of the Second Logos appears that two atoms of hydrogen can combine with one of oxygen to make water...”

“The life of the Second Logos, Its next manifestation is as the vegetable kingdom. ... The chemical elements group themselves...into protoplasm. ... this protoplasm undergoes transformation, becoming in process of time the vegetable kingdom...”

See slide # 3 ‘The Seven Kingdoms’ in the PowerPoint file ‘3 Outpourings & 7 Kingdoms’ using the ‘Show’ option.

Nehru
bperet

Outpourings as Motion?

Post by bperet »

Nehru,

I am unclear on exactly what an "outpouring" is. Based on your context, it appears to be a specific type of motion ("pouring" does indicate movement), or perhaps a compound motion?

Are we still defining "motion" as a relationship between space and time, or is an "outpouring" analogous to motion, with different aspects, which "expresses" itself in the physical plane only as aspects of space and time?

I am wondering if, like the equivalent space of the time region, there is an "equivalent physicality" of this type of outpouring motion.

Within the context of a Universe of Motion, this would indicate that the outpourings are a secondary motion; a motion generated as a result of the motions within the Solar Logos, correct?

Bruce
Every dogma has its day...
k_nehru

The Second and the Third Aspects

Post by k_nehru »

Bruce

Please read the chapter on ‘The Three Outpourings,’ and the initial pages of the next ‘The Involution of Life and Form’ in Norman Pearson’s book “Space, Time and Self.” (1957)

The Logos has three functionally distinct aspects, described as the First, Second and the Third Logoi. (Pearson’s Fig. 35, ‘The Three Channels of Creation and Evolution’) The First Logos stands for the Unmanifest. The Second Logos is given to be Space, Time. Now, while in the Christian symbology the Second Logos is depicted as the Son (Pearson’s Fig. 34, ‘Trinities in the Great Religions’), in the Hinduism the Third Logos (Brahma) is depicted as the Son of the Second Logos (Vishnu)!!

But our understanding of the Reciprocal System clarifies this (seeming) mystery. To us the Second Logos is the Time-Space (‘Life-Form’) Motion and the Third Logos the Space-Time (‘Matter-Energy’) Motion. To our counterparts in the Cosmic Sector our Second Logos (the Vishnu) appears as their Third Logos (the Brahma), and the vice versa.

Nehru
k_nehru

The Third Outpouring

Post by k_nehru »

The First (Aspect of the) Logos is germane to Ethical/Spiritual unfolding. He (It) is referred to as the ‘Unmanifest’, as He precedes Space & Time and transcends even the Adi Tattva! It is He Who creates the Human INDIVIDUAL, out of the group soul pertaining to the previous Kingdom, the Animal. This is the Third Outpouring.

See slide #2, ‘The Three Outpourings,’ of “3 Outpourings & 7 Kingdoms” PowerPoint File above. Use the ‘Show’ option (instead of the ‘Open’) to see the sequence. The triangle inside the circle represents the human Individual. The Third Outpouring doesn’t pass thru the Planes and is direct, even though we couldn’t show it that way in the slide.

Nehru
bperet

Lost in Space

Post by bperet »

Hi Nehru,

I have been busy packing/unpacking from my winter move to Kentucky. I now have my library unpacked, and can look up your references.

k_nehru wrote:
Now, while in the Christian symbology the Second Logos is depicted as the Son (Pearson’s Fig. 34, ‘Trinities in the Great Religions’), in the Hinduism the Third Logos (Brahma) is depicted as the Son of the Second Logos (Vishnu)!!
If I understand this correctly, the solar logos is a more generic term for the tripartite aspects of the various godheads?

It is interesting to note that in Native American mythos, the direction of the heirarchy is reversed, but maintains the same relationship as Hinduism... Vishnu is referred to as the "Father," and Shiva as the "Grandfather."

In the terms of Ra, the outpourings match what he calls "complexes"; the first complex being the "body" (matter and energy), the second "mind" (biological life) and the third "spirit". I find it interesting, as would others who study Ra, that in Theosophy, the 7 Rays are a result of the 3rd outpouring (spirit) and not a part of the mind/body complexes resulting from the first two outpourings.

The outpourings appear to be organizing principles; the first organizes the inanimate realm (Larson's Level 1), the 2nd organizes matter into life (Level 2) and the 3rd organizes life into spirit (Level 3). Does this sound about right?

Based on your Seven Kingdoms graph, what Ra would call the "4th density" would be human presence in the Buddhic Kingdom ("super human", as labeled in the graph)?

k_nehru wrote:
The Third Outpouring doesn’t pass thru the Planes and is direct, even though we couldn’t show it that way in the slide.
Does the Second Outpouring then stop at the "Suvah" level in the Mental Plane, as shown in the diagram? Or does it continue on, upwards to the Adi Plane, as an integrating principle, as inferred (but not labeled) in "The Seven Kingdoms" graph? Or is it the Third Aspect that takes over at that point?

It would seem that the Third Aspect, based on the point where it is introduced into the system, is what Ra refers to as "Harvest".

Interesting stuff. I am going to have to sit down and read Pearson's book carefully. Theosophy is a bit difficult for me to grasp, as the Sanskrit terms have no intuitive meaning for me. Would you happen to know where I can find a glossary of terms?

Thanks,

Bruce
Every dogma has its day...